Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crap that burns me up.

3 posters

Go down

Crap that burns me up. Empty Crap that burns me up.

Post by Dennis324 Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:10 pm

Why is it always an ordeal to get anything done down at the doctors' office? Why does it take 2 days to do something that should only take 3 minutes...tops?

My mom has a prescription for pain patches. Its something that cant automatically be refilled, so we have to go down to the dr's office and ask for a new prescription each time. Ok, we're used to that.

But it is like pulling teeth to get it done. Mom called the dr's office this morning and ask for the prescription to be filled. She called again later that after noon to remind them that she needed it filled and that I was on my way to pick it up.

I get down there and the lady at the window was working at her computer. She knew I was standing there, but wouldnt open the window...wouldnt even look up at me. So I waited....and waited...

Finally she opened the window and asked what I wanted. I told her and she said "I TOLD your mom it wouldnt be ready until tomorrow!".
Why yell at me about it? All I was trying to do was help an old lady in a wheelchair. I asked when she called in and she told me this afternoon. Thats when I knew she was lying because I was sitting beside my mom when she called in at 10am this morning.

Its always some kind of ordeal to go down there and get anything done. It is quite frankly the most inefficient office I have ever been around. To be honest it is why I left that dr's office years ago. But mom still wants to do business in town, so she wont leave. Yet when they treat customers and patients like trash, why stay???

And here's the kicker (I didnt post this bit on facebook). This person sits in front of me at church and is in my Sunday School class.

*Sigh*
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Crap that burns me up. Empty Re: Crap that burns me up.

Post by Miles1 Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:54 am

I saw that subject line and I thought you were talking about Indian food or something.. :-p
Miles1
Miles1

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:49 am

Oh yeah. I cant eat that Curry. Yuk.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles1 Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:32 am

Dennis324 wrote:Oh yeah. I cant eat that Curry. Yuk.

You're just eating the wrong curry....
Miles1
Miles1

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:07 pm

Some things I just cant stand the taste of. I dont like Tequila either. Just the odor will make me retch. Same with Curry. Same with Keilbasa. Cant eat corndogs either. Got sick on one in the 2nd grade and have never eaten one since.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:23 pm

This kinda stuff burns me up:

We are once again trying to complete repairs to a 20" bulk oil pipeline that comes from Irene Platform (off the coast of Lompoc CA) and goes to Lompoc Oil and Gas Plant (LOGP). We have a total of 25 dig sites (since we can't get permission to lay another pipeline, we are putting bandaids on top of bandaids), but several of those permits are being held up by "environment concerns" (i.e. regulations).

Most of these sites are due to the Mission Blue butterfly. Apparently these butterflies lay thier eggs on a specific plant called a lupine and this plant only grows in California. This butterfly is extremely rare and is protected in an extreme fashion. This I can agree with. The part that burns me up is that the Mission Blue butterfly has never been spotted this far south (it stays up around the bay area 4 hours north of here). The lupine however is one of the more common weeds in this area. Since the weed is considered prospective egg laying grounds for this butterfly, we must treat these weeds with extreme care and cannot touch any of them. Forget the fact that the plants down here have never seen the butterfly and most likely never will. Also forget the fact that you can buy this plant for less than 5 bucks at Home Depot. These facts are not considered and we have to pay for an extensive ecological survey before permit approval.....and this survey has to wait until egg laying season which is not until next year. I even volunteered to get a crew to dig up all the lupines in the affected area and move them 50 yards or so. That idea in and of itself was illegal since I cannot touch the habitat of endangered species even though that habitat is a widespread weed.

Two of our permits are gonna be held up for at least another year as well because of the Red Legged frog. These two dig sites are about 100 yards from what Californians call "wetlands". In actuality these wetlands are nothing more than a bog less than 50 yards across. In Louisiana they would be called a "mudhole". Anyway, these wetlands are considered prime habitat for the Red Legged frog. Forget that fact that we have had both wetlands surveyed multiple times in the past 20 years and there has never, ever been a frog sighting. You may even ask yourself, "Well you are 100 yards away from those mudholes so what's the problem???" The problem is that during the winter these frogs move away from the wetlands and bury themselves into the sand (or so the evironmentalists tell me). Therefore I just may be disturbing the habitat of protected species. Well we won't be digging there during the winter. I want to dig it now. Of course we have to wait until winter so that environmentalists can survey the digsite and see if any of the frogs that ARE NOT IN THE WETLANDS NOW do indeed move into the area of the digsite.

This is just a tiny sampling as to why we in industry say regulations have gotten out of hand. What, do they think I want the frogs and butterflies to go extinct??? Nope, I don't. Do they think I want to damage the environment in any way??? Nope, I don't. All I want to do is repair this pipeline so that it doesn't spring a leak and fuck the environment in more ways than I could ever dream of doing. Of course the current state of regulations has made industry in tUSA very hard. If you don't believe me, just look at the state of diesel engines in tUSA. Most of the good, clean, low fuel consuming engines cannot even be sold on our shores because they do not meet regulations. Hell the list of cars not allowed over here, due to regulations, is astonishing once you look at it.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:36 am

Actually I agree with ya on this stuff. I think regulations are hurting the industry and its in turn hurting us at the pumps. Take, for instance, regulations that require different blends to be sold throughout the nation. Doesnt this also drive the prices up? Wouldnt 1 blend be cheaper to produce?

And this stuff about the wetlands...hey I'm all for ecology too. But ecology doesnt help much when we dont have jobs here. And we have a wetlands situation here on our coast too. I wish they would build some refineries here and put more folks to work as well. But nooOOOOooooo.... we have to save the pecker-headed pussy willow (or whatever).
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down