Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why is the 'God particle' a big deal?

3 posters

Go down

Why is the 'God particle' a big deal? Empty Why is the 'God particle' a big deal?

Post by Bryant Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:28 pm

I'm somewhat skeptical of some of what is said, however I think his commentary is none-the-less interesting.
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Why is the 'God particle' a big deal? Empty Re: Why is the 'God particle' a big deal?

Post by Marconius Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:59 pm

I was wondering when someone would post something on this topic. I watched the announcement the other day. Cool stuff.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Why is the 'God particle' a big deal? Empty Re: Why is the 'God particle' a big deal?

Post by Miles1 Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:54 am

Why is the 'God particle' a big deal? Image011

:-P

And the "god particle" thing is a load of crap. That name came about from a shortening of how one of Higgs' colleagues was describing this thing as they were working on it "...that godDAMN particle..." as it was so hard to find. This was shortened to 'god particle' and now this is how all journalists report it as it sounds snappier and makes for more controversy.
Miles1
Miles1

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:50 am

Miles1 wrote:

And the "god particle" thing is a load of crap. That name came about from a shortening of how one of Higgs' colleagues was describing this thing as they were working on it "...that godDAMN particle..." as it was so hard to find. This was shortened to 'god particle' and now this is how all journalists report it as it sounds snappier and makes for more controversy.

Dude, I can't tell if you are serious or just BSing. Usually there is a smiley after when you BS so I guess this is real.

I never knew that.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles1 Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:56 am

Marconius wrote:
Dude, I can't tell if you are serious or just BSing. Usually there is a smiley after when you BS so I guess this is real.

I never knew that.

Nope, is true google "god particle name" if you don't believe me...
Miles1
Miles1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum