Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coffee

4 posters

Go down

Coffee Empty Coffee

Post by Dennis324 Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:17 pm

Well Mark, I took your advise and just placed my order for some Community brand coffee. Decent prices too, though the shoipping cost ate me up. I ordered medium dk roast for my mom (I take care of her coz shes in a wheelchair), and
I ordered decaf for myself. So I'll loetcha know how it is.

We have a coffe company here in Birminghm you may be aware of. Red Diamond coffee has been around since 1906. ITs sold throughout the South so you probably have seen it. We swear by it and love it, but I'm gonna try out the Community this next month and compare.

Smile
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Coffee Empty Re: Coffee

Post by Miles1 Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:25 am

Dennis324 wrote:
I ordered decaf for myself. So I'll loetcha know how it is.

Decaf? Why would you bother do that to yourself? If you're going to drink coffee, drink coffee. Decaf is like skimmed milk, what's the point?

Then again, I'm up for work at 5am every morning for a 10hr day, so my opinions on the strength of coffee are perhaps colored by my need for a pretty strong jolt in the morning.

Anyone here ever try Moroccan coffee? Is as strong as Turkish coffee (as in you nearly need a knife and fork for it), but it has 7 diff spices in it (or more depending on the restaurant) - blows the mouth off you on the first sip, but is dangerously addictive. You can make it at home easily/quickly enough if you can get some Ras El Hanout and a decent espresso blend.
Miles1
Miles1

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:29 pm

I have to drink decaf beause if I dont, the coffee will make my heart palpitate in my chest. Not fun. Also I used to spray paint / stain cabinets and furniture. Whenb you put the finish on, your hand must be rock steady. Before I went to decaf my hand trembled and I could never get that clear finish like I wanted. Switched to decaf and became the best paint/finish man in my town Smile

NEver tried Moroccan of Turkish but have had some very good african coffees.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles1 Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:27 am

Dennis324 wrote:I have to drink decaf beause if I dont, the coffee will make my heart palpitate in my chest. Not fun. Also I used to spray paint / stain cabinets and furniture. Whenb you put the finish on, your hand must be rock steady. Before I went to decaf my hand trembled and I could never get that clear finish like I wanted. Switched to decaf and became the best paint/finish man in my town Smile

OK, that's fair enough. I work on a keyboard all day, don't really need steady hands for that.
Miles1
Miles1

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:37 am

Yeah...it kinda sux. Real coffee is way better. Smile
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:00 pm

So, I ain't heard back from Dennis or Bryant. I take that to mean y'all didn't like the coffee???
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:56 pm

Marconius wrote:So, I ain't heard back from Dennis or Bryant. I take that to mean y'all didn't like the coffee???

I liked the coffee and will likely order some from them sometime in the not too distant future. That said, I've recently discovered a roasting house in the Mariposa, CA that has a top notch product. A small cafe in my home town of North Fork brews their coffee, and its some of the best I've ever had!
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:46 am

Oh!!! Sorry man.

I did get the Community coffee and it was really good!!!! I must say however it tasted a lot like Red Diamond to me though, which is a good thing. I love Red Diamond coffee.

Smile
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down