Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So whadda you drink

+2
Bryant
Marconius
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

So whadda you drink - Page 2 Empty Re: So whadda you drink

Post by Dennis324 Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:16 am

and I hardly ever drink anymore. Lol! I did have a bottle of Killian's Irish Red a couple of days ago wen I was BBQing. Not great but it was cold. Lol!
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:33 am

Miles1 wrote: Depends really on what kind of beer floats your boat, they have so many types....

I normally prefer a light crisp taste with a hint of sweetness. Old Style had that at one time.

Man that was some good beer! But when Miller Beer bought it, they changed the formula. Its now Miller-Lite (which is actually good, but not the same thing).

Speaking of old beer brands...anyone here remember Meister Brau?

Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles1 Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:19 pm

Marconius wrote:Dude, it seems that this is our favorite thread.

What does that say about us???

That we're all very sociable people?

Over here we have a saying: "I'm not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings" :-P
Miles1
Miles1

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:56 pm

Marconius wrote:Dude, it seems that this is our favorite thread.

What does that say about us???

I don't know what it says about you, but here is my excuse:
[/quote]See section four

Anyway, I'm still high on Tapit (which is from SLO BTW), but have found another good Cali brew. This time it is from San Diego. The brewery is Ballast Point. The beer is Amber Ale. Awesome!!! Seeing as to how I seem to have an affinity with the water, this brewery kinda fits.

http://www.ballastpoint.com/beers-of-ballast-point-amber-ale-calico/

I've seen Ballast Point around, but I've never tried it. Does anyone have Tiogo-Sequoia Brewing Co.'s General Sherman IPA or Tamarack Amber over there? If so, I very highly recommend both of those.

Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:28 pm

Bryant wrote:

I've seen Ballast Point around, but I've never tried it. Does anyone have Tiogo-Sequoia Brewing Co.'s General Sherman IPA or Tamarack Amber over there? If so, I very highly recommend both of those.

Just wrote them down. The store by my little apartment in Orcutt sells pretty much every type of beer legal for sale in Cali. It even posts the grades (except for the mass produced stuff). I have never seen so many types of beer in one little store.

My excuse BTW, is that I am still nothing more than oil field trash and we have been known to consume quite a bit of beer.

So whadda you drink - Page 2 American_oil_field_trash_decal
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:30 pm

Marconius wrote:
Bryant wrote:

Just wrote them down. The store by my little apartment in Orcutt sells pretty much every type of beer legal for sale in Cali. It even posts the grades (except for the mass produced stuff). I have never seen so many types of beer in one little store.

My excuse BTW, is that I am still nothing more than oil field trash and we have been known to consume quite a bit of beer.

So whadda you drink - Page 2 American_oil_field_trash_decal

Do you spend much time around drillers out there? I hear they can be a lively bunch.
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:37 pm

Nope, I am on the construction/inspection side. When drilling comes.....I bug out. Drilling is a filthy task and the whole platform gets nasty when drilling is aboard.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles1 Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:38 pm

Marconius wrote:
The guys that worked in my shop on base had a tradition. Every time a new guy would arrive, we would go take the tour of the Heineken Brewery in Amsterdam. After the tour, every one is served a sample. From there we would head back towards the train station (12 clicks I guess) and stop at every pub with a Heineken sign and drink one round, leave and continue on. This would take all day and by the time we reached the train station, we were hammered.

Sounds good. what me and my crowd in college used to do every so often was play a "round of golf". There were 18 good pubs in the town we went to college in, and so each pub was considered a hole on the golf course. One hole, one beer or shot. We also had handicap rules, which was where you could go to the toilet - as in a handicap of 5 meant you could go every 5th pub. You'd start off with a low handicap (2 or 3) and as you "proved yourself" your handicap grew.

Of course, Holland really doesn't have as good of brew as other European countries. Their beer is very similar to tUSA's mass produced stuff. I do really like the Dutch Heineken though. Much better than the version sold here.

Dutch beer is piss compared to their neighbours. German and Belgian beers would be normally considered the best, but Czech and Polish would be close behind (and some of the unpronouncable Polish beers would be nicer than the German stuff). As for, France, Spain and Italy, well, there's a reason they're known for their wines.. :-)

To see where the good beer comes from over here, here's an alcohol map of Europe
Miles1
Miles1

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:43 pm

Miles1 wrote:

Sounds good. what me and my crowd in college used to do every so often was play a "round of golf". There were 18 good pubs in the town we went to college in, and so each pub was considered a hole on the golf course. One hole, one beer or shot. We also had handicap rules, which was where you could go to the toilet - as in a handicap of 5 meant you could go every 5th pub. You'd start off with a low handicap (2 or 3) and as you "proved yourself" your handicap grew.
Wish I could try that, but over in my neck of the woods, taxi service sucks. I need a DD!!!

Dutch beer is piss compared to their neighbours. German and Belgian beers would be normally considered the best, but Czech and Polish would be close behind (and some of the unpronouncable Polish beers would be nicer than the German stuff). As for, France, Spain and Italy, well, there's a reason they're known for their wines.. :-)

To see where the good beer comes from over here, here's an alcohol map of Europe

I wonder why. The Dutch and Belgians are closely tied in origin and lifestyle.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:53 pm

My excuse is that its hotter'n hell down here and a cold brewski is often just what is needed. That being said....I also love an ice cold glass of tea with lemon. Smile
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:45 pm

Well I tried an amber ale from Anderson Valley Brewing outta Boonville CA. Yet another California creation that makes me go....Mmmmmmmmm.
So whadda you drink - Page 2 Boont
Here is why I think Cali is the king of beers:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_breweries#Butte_County
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:43 am

Funny, I was going to drink an ice-cold Yuengling Saturday during the Bama game....but I forgot! Wound up drinking ice tea with lemon instead.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:49 pm

Reviving this old thread. Shoulda called it "What are you drinking now"

Anyway, this past Sunday, I tried this:

So whadda you drink - Page 2 Th?id=H.4990924835193873&pid=1

Words cannot describe the feelings I have for this brew. Like drinking alcoholic chocolate.

Just another of Cali's world class brews. Brought to you by Heretic Brewing Company.

http://www.hereticbrewing.com/beers

I highly recommend. Especially if you wanna take a break from all the IPA's.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by SALTY Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:10 pm

Mountain Dew

SALTY

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:24 am

Smile  Mountain Dew Salty?  Man that stuff'll kill ya.  Lol! 

I favor Rootbeer over all of it.  I know it isn't really 'Baptist' of me (so I guess I'll never be a Deacon) but I do enjoy a glass of beer (at home) from time to time.  I don't go to bars and never drink and drive though.  Smile

I'm thinking of making some dark beer or maybe some sort of porter this fall.

So whadda you drink - Page 2 Refill-black-tower-porter-lg
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:03 am

Mountain Dew. Good stuff on a hot summer day out on the lake, but I actually prefer Check black cherry cola(if you can find it).

I still like my beer, but am too damn old to go to bars and I never drink more than one or two. Of course one of those porters is enough to stop one from driving.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:18 pm

Redd's Apple Ale. Tried it, and its pretty good. Doesnt have too strong of an alcohol taste, cuz its not a malt drink, its an ale. Nice sort of crispy flavor, almost like a dessert beer

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:21 pm

As for Colas, my favorite I guess is Coke Zero.  Comes closest imo to the old original Coca cola in the glass bottle.  This was before they changed to New Coke, then went back to Coca Cola classic...which tastes nothing like the old original.

I think the difference in taste between the old original and Coca Cola Classic is probably sugar.  But I dunno.  Plus seems like the glass bottles (which we can almost never find these days) made the drink taste better.

So whadda you drink - Page 2 Coca-cola-main-design
This was better than....

So whadda you drink - Page 2 New-coca-cola-bottle
This.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:53 pm

Dennis324 wrote:As for Colas, my favorite I guess is Coke Zero.  Comes closest imo to the old original Coca cola in the glass bottle.  This was before they changed to New Coke, then went back to Coca Cola classic...which tastes nothing like the old original.

I think the difference in taste between the old original and Coca Cola Classic is probably sugar.  But I dunno.  Plus seems like the glass bottles (which we can almost never find these days) made the drink taste better.

So whadda you drink - Page 2 Coca-cola-main-design
This was better than....

So whadda you drink - Page 2 New-coca-cola-bottle
This.

You need to get a hold of Mexican Coke. They sell it in Oregon and California, not sure about out there in the South. It comes in a glass bottle and is made using sugar, not corn syrup.
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:57 pm

Yeah, I think coca cola still sells their old original formula stuff all over the world...just not here.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2