Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harry Reid Wants Americans To Suffer From Shutdown

3 posters

Go down

Harry Reid Wants Americans To Suffer From Shutdown  Empty Harry Reid Wants Americans To Suffer From Shutdown

Post by Dennis324 Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:26 am

Word came this week that the National Institutes of Health has suspended therapy-dog visits to sick children at its clinical center because of a 25% reduction in staff, even though volunteers run the program.
Seems the veterinarians who evaluate the dogs have been furloughed. So how about the frequently used dogs that have already been evaluated? No deal.

Last week, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid refused to fund NIH clinical trials for children with cancer. When asked why, if it could mean saving a single child, Reid replied: "Why would we do that?"

These are just kids, after all. Who cares if they're in pain or die because of his intransigence and lack of compassion?
It's comforting to know, however, that the House and Senate gyms are still open, that the government had enough money to buy a mechanical bull and, while the feds barricaded the open-air National Mall and threatened to fine and arrest those who walk there, they'll let an immigration amnesty rally take place on those same grounds.

After all, former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Democratic Sen. Bob Menendez will be in attendance. Apparently, as with ObamaCare, they are exempt from the rules the rest of us must follow.

Then there are reports of the National Park Service kicking families out of campgrounds in the middle of the night and keeping drivers from stopping at turnouts that have views of Mount Rushmore, even though the turnouts are not part of the national park
The House has passed bills to fund the NIH, including its clinical trials and cancer treatments and programs that allow dogs to provide a moment of relief and temporary comfort to suffering children.

The House has also funded the national parks, so they can stay open, vacations won't be spoiled and Americans can visit monuments they fund with their tax dollars and park fees.

But Reid will have none of it. He wants the American people to suffer. It's not his sick child or his vacation or even his money.

Read More At Investor's Business Daily: http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials-perspective/100913-674428-national-mall-is-closed-but-congress-gym-stays-open.htm#ixzz2hJy5EHPD
I don't know if Reid actually said he wanted Americans to suffer, but it sure seems like Some-one wants them to.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Harry Reid Wants Americans To Suffer From Shutdown  Empty Re: Harry Reid Wants Americans To Suffer From Shutdown

Post by Sir Pun Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:21 pm

This a miscalculation on their part. I think they were counting on a completely compliant media, but unlike te last shutdown, there is now online conservative media, a well as online social networks to push back against te narrative. Think they and obama figured the more sufferig they could incur, te more ppl would blame republicans, and while more people do blame the reps, tere's only a 12% spread. The end results can be seen in obama's approval rating. He's finally shown his true colors to the wxtent that it can no longer be ignored.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Harry Reid Wants Americans To Suffer From Shutdown  Empty Re: Harry Reid Wants Americans To Suffer From Shutdown

Post by Marconius Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:59 pm

I honestly hope it stays shut down for a while. Taxes are still rolling in so the bills will still get paid, but no new spending can occur. Maybe we can knock that debt down a bit. Boy that will make Big O smell like a rose though.

I see now that politifact is lauding Big O for two straight years of decreased spending. I'm waiting for parrots to pick up on that. It is very easy to decrease spending after records have been set.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:35 am

Marconius wrote:I honestly hope it stays shut down for a while. Taxes are still rolling in so the bills will still get paid, but no new spending can occur.
I kinda thought about that too.  Long as the bill get paid.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:54 pm

Dennis324 wrote:
Marconius wrote:I honestly hope it stays shut down for a while. Taxes are still rolling in so the bills will still get paid, but no new spending can occur.
I kinda thought about that too.  Long as the bill get paid.
Yeah, it ain't like a government shutdown is that bad. Dems have done it 16 times now(let's be honest, this is the Dems fault.....HOR gave them enough for everything BUT ACA and they didn't want it) and the world didn't end before. They still have all the necessary stuff going (along with the unnecessary armed guards keeping people from viewing public spaces), so it will be fine for now. Let it stay like this for awhile. Let the people see we can live just fine without and pay off some debt.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:26 pm

The parroting has already begun about obama "cutting the deficit in half" without any understanding of what that reallymeans or that he doubled it previously

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:45 am

Sir Pun wrote:The parroting has already begun about obama "cutting the deficit in half" without any understanding of what that reallymeans or that he doubled it previously
It is just as dumb as the words "budget surplus". Many throw those around yet have no idea what it means.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down