Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liberals take over football

3 posters

Go down

Liberals take over football Empty Liberals take over football

Post by Sir Pun Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:11 pm

The Northern California Federation Youth Football League changed its “mercy rule” this season, imposing hefty fines on teams that beat others too badly, a local television station reported.

If a team with players between the ages of 7 and 13 beats another team by 35 points or more, the coach will suffer a one-week suspension and the team will face a penalty of $200, KCRA reported.

“It’s not hurting the kids, it’s teaching them compassion for the other team,” said Robert Rochin, the deputy commissioner for the league. “It’s teaching them sportsmanship.”

NBC Sports’ Dave Briggs called the move the latest chapter in the “wussification of America” and a “ridiculous rule,” saying it teaches “lesser teams that there’s always someone there to cushion to blow.”

Proponents say it also helps “create a level playing field” when there’s a disparity of talent between opposing teams, KCRA reported.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Liberals take over football Empty Re: Liberals take over football

Post by Marconius Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:37 pm

I read about this earlier today. Let's be honest. This has nothing to do with some sense of protecting the fragile child psyche and everything to do with revenue generation.

Just in general, children need to learn how to lose as well as how to win. This is very, very important. Even moreso than learning how to win. We uad "skunk" rules in sports when I was a child, but not at ages over 10.

This crap is just as crappy as "volleyball teaches violence" and "everyone wins just for trying". It breeds mediocrity and discourages excellence. Hell, technically it is the same old prog tactic of taxing/penalizing success. It is okay to be somewhat good, but we gotta put a cap on just how good you can be.

Kommiefornians are as dumb as they come in many ways......and we southerners are thought of as the stupid ones. Priceless.

If I were a coach, and I had a beef with another coach, I would tell my boys to run out the back of the endzone everytime we got the ball so that the other team would score a safety. Why not pass that fine onto someone I hate???
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:26 pm

Yeah maybe if a politicians leads in the polls by a certain amount they should have to quite campaigning to let their opponent catch up. Or maybe passing students should be made to quit studying so everyone fails a class.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:32 pm

Well, it seems to me that we already fight wars the very same way.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:46 pm

Kommiefornians are as dumb as they come in many ways......
Liberals take over football Rofl
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down