Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ted Cruz

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ted Cruz Empty Ted Cruz

Post by Bryant Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:58 am

Anyone else get the impression that GOP leadership is leaving Ted Cruz to hang? GOP leadership in the Senate have criticized Cruz's plan to filibuster, however they didn't vote for cloture.
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Ted Cruz Empty Re: Ted Cruz

Post by Marconius Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:18 am

GOP sucks. They have let the big government neo's take control. I really hope their days are over.

Cruz has his issues, but he is better than the bulk of the GOP. The big government progs are finally seeing the fruits of their labor. It took awhile, but self-sufficient, freedom loving individuals are now seen as extremists in this country and government teet suckers are considered "normal" and "victimized". Since I am approx 1/2 slave at this point, I believe I am one of the victims.

Whoa to the man who sees evil as good. For the bulk of history, the common man has known government and politicians were evil and selfish. Now we see them as saviors and saints. Truly sad and depressing.

I really hope that when this house of cards collapses, it burns a hole into our psyche so deep, that any time a politician offers to do things for people in exchange for their vote, that politician is tarred and feathered and shot into the next time zone with a huge t-shirt gun.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:34 am

Think he's wasting his breath. While i applaud the effort, you cant win issues like this on desire alone. Theyre gonna shut him down at noon, and the defunding provision will be stripped anyway.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:58 pm

Yeah, this abomination will not go away so easily. Once it goes into full effect however, there will be a loud roar.

I really love how Dems are already setting things up. They see how horrible it is and have already started the revisionism they are famous for. Been seeing a lot of progs (very loyal prog on Pun's FB being a typical example), parroting the false info that this whole mess is somehow the other party's idea and fault and that none of this is what the Admin wanted.

Oh, how the lowly informed squirm and lie when things come back to bite them.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:59 pm

And the they project, calling us uninformed. In face of all reports (even government reports) to the contrary. Still have yet to see any dems fault obama for one damn thing other than not being progressive enough. Weseriously live in two separate realities, and no amount of info will sway them.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:01 pm

And the they project, calling us uninformed. In face of all reports (even government reports) to the contrary. Still have yet to see any dems fault obama for one damn thing other than not being progressive enough. Weseriously live in two separate realities, and no amount of info will sway them.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:25 pm

Yeah, they say the mandate was the idea of the GOP and was only put in to make them happy.

Refresh my memory.......how many Repubs voted yes for this??? Now tell me how many Dems voted for it. That's all the history I need to know.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:23 pm

Well it was a heritage idea, but only as a means of aboiding single payer. And after reading through a lot of comments abouttgis and obamacare today, i realize there are just as many idiot republicans as there are democrats...

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:43 pm

Well, I just rechecked the voting results. I was surprised uberprog Wasserman-Shultz voted no BTW. The results are that not one single GOP member vote yes to it......other than Justice Roberts. So it really doesn't matter what anyone says about whose idea and where it came from or what it intended to do. Since not one GOP member said yes, whatever reasoning behind placating the GOP supposedly was is non sequitor. Simply that supposed tactic didn't work in convincing a single Repub, the Dems and only the Dems have this trash squarely in their lap. Good thing is that a certain legislator from my home state will lose her job over it and the backroom deal she made.

Considering this factoid, I commonly and frequently tell any and all progs that try to shift blame to go fuck themselves. They should. They fucked the rest of us with this and many other things.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:44 pm

I haven't kept up with this too much today, but apparently he's been speaking for some 20 + hours.  Wouldn't be surprised at all if the GOP hung him out to dry because its full of RINOs.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:53 am

He then turned around and voted FOR cloture, the very thig his speech was against!

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:15 pm

All smoke and mirrors. Neither party cares for the people. I see many coming to grips with that fact now-a-days. Hope it doesn't take too long for the rest. I hope we rediscover natural law before I die.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:49 pm

Today I was told to anticipate taking a non-paid vacation next week.  If the Republicans decide to play politics I don't work.
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:22 pm

So basically, what you are saying is that you would rather have a government that does things that are horrible for the country instead of someone....anyone making an honest attempt to plug the monetary flood as well as stand up to a political class who feel they can just tell free people they MUST purchase a product??? You would rather get one weeks pay in return for being dictated to???

Why do we now feel that it is better for government to dictate unConstitutional laws to a supposed free people just so we can see them "doing something".

I know, I know. This is gonna be lumped into that whole "general welfare" thingy even though the whole idea of what those words mean was purposefully changed by FDR packing the court so that the judicial branch would agree with his unConstitutional ideas of that time.

I tell you what. If you are forced to take the week off, I'll make up the difference. Of course we both know that no matter what happens, you really don't have to take the week off. It is just another tactic your employer is using to control how you feel. I mean, your salary could have been paid many times over if it weren't for wasteful spending, vote buying programs, corporate welfare, and kickbacks/tax exemption to campaign supporters.

Course you can blindly stick to blaming just one side. Whatever helps to cope.

Besides, aren't you working for the forestry service??? If so, you do realize where their money comes from right??? If not, disregard.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:08 am

Marconius wrote:So basically, what you are saying is that you would rather have a government that does things that are horrible for the country instead of someone....anyone making an honest attempt to plug the monetary flood as well as stand up to a political class who feel they can just tell free people they MUST purchase a product??? You would rather get one weeks pay in return for being dictated to???
Yeah, trying to lower insurance premiums and limit abuse of emergency rooms is obviously horrible for the country. Subsidizing private insurance plans for low income Americans is blatantly unpatriotic. We defiantly don't want the government to try to make us at least partially responsible for our own well being.

Cruz isn't standing up to the political class, he's shamelessly grandstanding. His stunts are more likely to negatively impact the American economy far worse than the ACA ever could. Its not brave, its self serving and irresponsible.

I don't make very much money and my savings account isn't very big. I could cut back and get by with loosing one weeks wages, but if it drags out any longer I'm going to have a hell of a time trying to figure out how to pay for rent or power. Many of my coworkers are in even worse situations.

Why do we now feel that it is better for government to dictate unConstitutional laws to a supposed free people just so we can see them "doing something".

I know, I know. This is gonna be lumped into that whole "general welfare" thingy even though the whole idea of what those words mean was purposefully changed by FDR packing the court so that the judicial branch would agree with his unConstitutional ideas of that time.
Except its not unconstitutional...

I tell you what. If you are forced to take the week off, I'll make up the difference. Of course we both know that no matter what happens, you really don't have to take the week off. It is just another tactic your employer is using to control how you feel. I mean, your salary could have been paid many times over if it weren't for wasteful spending, vote buying programs, corporate welfare, and kickbacks/tax exemption to campaign supporters.
Hopefully Congress will do their job, however its happened before.

I'm not going to defend the corrupt practices that both parties are guilty of.

Course you can blindly stick to blaming just one side. Whatever helps to cope.
I do blame the GOP, because they're playing an incredibly reckless game. They know they don't have the votes to bring about the change they want through the legitimate channels, so they're trying to extort the Senate and President. Bring on the line item veto!

Besides, aren't you working for the forestry service??? If so, you do realize where their money comes from right??? If not, disregard.
I do work for the Forest Service. Our funding comes from several sources, however it all goes through the Treasury before it reaches us.
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:38 am

[quote="Bryant"]
Yeah, trying to lower insurance premiums but the exact opposite is what is happening along with many long time policies being dropped/cancelled....mine being one of them, only to be replaced with an ACA mandated plan that cost 100% more than what I had......thought they said I could keep mine if I liked it.....I sure did like it.and limit abuse of emergency roomseven though government programs are the most abused programs in the country today is obviously horrible for the country.  Subsidizing private insurance plans for low income Americans is blatantly unpatrioticwas already being done and was already rife with fraud. We defiantly don't want the government to try to make us at least partially responsible for our own well being.One problem....government cannot and never should try to MAKE free people do anything....so no, we don't. In the long run, you, I and everyone else loses. It is violence committed by the government. Nothing more and nothing less. Plain and simple.

Cruz isn't standing up to the political class, he's shamelessly grandstanding.  His stunts are more likely to negatively impact the American economy far worse than the ACA ever could.  Its not brave, its self serving and irresponsible.No, it won't. Not even close. That is just scare tactics. And it wasn't Cruz I was talking about. It was the individuals who are saying "enough is enough, get the economic house in order".

I don't make very much money and my savings account isn't very big.  I could cut back and get by with loosing one weeks wages, but if it drags out any longer I'm going to have a hell of a time trying to figure out how to pay for rent or power.  Many of my coworkers are in even worse situations.Individual planning and preparation solves things like that. Those are key components to self-sufficiency and true freedom. Hell, I take months and months off due to my planning and preparation....even though I am about 50% government slave at this point in time. Basically, it ain't my fault others are not prepared. I know it sounds harsh, but you are supposed to be free to do what you want no matter if it means success or failure. Instead the answer for many has become to force people like me to be a slave, at the threat of jail and loss of freedom, to those who did not or will not prepare. Make no mistake, what you are agreeing to IS violence against me and those like me. If you think it is not, what would happen if I decided not to enroll??? I hope you are happy with violence in your name just so some can get a benefit.

Except its not unconstitutional...Yes, it is. Even judges can make unConstitutional rulings. We see it all the time. Hell, they have a high ranking judge up in Conn that has been bragging about his rulings that go against the 2ndA. Too bad the general populace just lays down and takes it instead of doing what is right. If the Federal government wanted to increase their power responsibility, they should have gone through the proper amendment process. I mean that document is there to prevent the overstepping of the Federal government and to strictly limit it......not to wrongly interpret the two words "general welfare" and do whatever the hell it wants to willy-nilly. Hell, the whole jist of what they wanted was a perceived RIGHT to goods and services anyway. Remind me, where is it that we find what rights are protected for us???

I do blame the GOP, because they're playing an incredibly reckless game.  They know they don't have the votes to bring about the change they want through the legitimate channels, so they're trying to extort the Senate and President.  Bring on the line item veto!Only because the other side refuses to meet them in the middle and then keep changing the rules as the game goes on. Your boy Big O has even broken the law by personally saying what parts of law will and will not be recognized. It is all or nothing with the Admin so the GOP is just trying to play the game that has been laid out for them by using the same rules that are acceptable to the other side. Don't hate them for it. Blame is equally shared.

I do work for the Forest Service.  Our funding comes from several sources, however it all goes through the Treasury before it reaches us.
Actually all your funding is earmarked for you and has been since the late 1800's. Your money comes from well thought out excise taxes paid by outdoorsmen like me and we are glad to pay it. Everything I buy from shotgun shells to bass lures to camp stoves to backpacks have a Federal excise tax used to pay for our forestry services and the tax acts that created them strictly state that is what it is supposed to go to. So if the government you support doesn't want to pay you, or can't pay you, it is nobody's fault but the dickheads who say that is the way it will be and not the fault of those trying to get the economic house in order. In fact, due to progressive agendas and the social outlooks of the past 20 or so years, that demonize outdoorsmen, like me, your revenue has been declining. I wonder how we will ever make up the shortfall if we ban firearms and ammo??? Unintended consequences and the low informed voter are a bitch. I'm nearing retirement (gonna retire at 60), but you are just starting......hope your ready.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:18 pm

Bryant wrote:Today I was told to anticipate taking a non-paid vacation next week.  If the Republicans decide to play politics I don't work.
Because of a govt shutdown?
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:19 pm

Sir Pun wrote:He then turned around and voted FOR cloture, the very thig his speech was against!
I don't know what Cloture is.No
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:22 pm

Bryant wrote:
I do work for the Forest Service.  Our funding comes from several sources, however it all goes through the Treasury before it reaches us.
Wish I worked for the Forest Service.  That's gotta be a cool job!  I'd like to work for the US Fish and Game service too.  Very Happy
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:06 pm

Marc:  How is your cost on the exchange so much higher?  

I checked on both the California and Oregon exchange calculators what it would cost Ashley and I to enroll in insurance off the exchange.  If we were to pay out of pocket (ie no voucher from her employer) it would cost us more per month than our current contribution to enroll in a comparable plan to what we already have.  If her employer were to give us a voucher for what they currently contribute (as some businesses plan to do) we could actually get a far better plan and have money left over.  The actual net cost of the policy is way cheaper through the exchange than it would have been pre-ACA.

If I were single and applying with only my income I would have to pay almost nothing per month, but thats because my annual income is less than $20,000/yr (who said government workers are over paid?).  Fortunately my wife makes a bit more than what I do.
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:14 pm

Dennis324 wrote:
Bryant wrote:Today I was told to anticipate taking a non-paid vacation next week.  If the Republicans decide to play politics I don't work.
Because of a govt shutdown?
Yep. We received notice today that unless Congress passes a budget (or at least continued resolution) we will furloughed indefinitely. We are to report to our duty stations in the morning and execute a controlled shutdown (whatever the hell that means), which should take an hour or so. There was some talk late last week about the Forest Service being able to play some games with money it has invested in trust funds (money from the monthly 'rent' they charge our programs on vehicles + money from the more productive timber sales get invested in a trust to help pay for future fleet and facility expenses, not under congressional budgetary oversight), however it was apparently decided that using that money to keep the doors open (which it could only do for a week) was too risky (if Congress doesn't authorize that money to be paid back to the fund we can't afford new vehicles when it comes time to retire the current fleet, each vehicle has an approximate work life of five years +/- based on use and mileage).
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:17 pm

Dennis324 wrote:
Bryant wrote:
Wish I worked for the Forest Service.  That's gotta be a cool job!  I'd like to work for the US Fish and Game service too.  Very Happy
While I currently hate my boss and the pay kinda stinks (I'm making half what I could in private sector, worse yet if I were to go into oil, with no benefits), I do like the work that I do and love being allowed to work out in the forest. Its also a great honor to be able to serve the People of the United States.
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:07 am

And its shut down...
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:34 am

Forget the mandate, its unconstitutional because of the origination clause. It began in the senate instead of the house.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:51 am

Bryant wrote:Marc:  How is your cost on the exchange so much higher?  

I checked on both the California and Oregon exchange calculators what it would cost Ashley and I to enroll in insurance off the exchange.  If we were to pay out of pocket (ie no voucher from her employer) it would cost us more per month than our current contribution to enroll in a comparable plan to what we already have.  If her employer were to give us a voucher for what they currently contribute (as some businesses plan to do) we could actually get a far better plan and have money left over.  The actual net cost of the policy is way cheaper through the exchange than it would have been pre-ACA.

If I were single and applying with only my income I would have to pay almost nothing per month, but thats because my annual income is less than $20,000/yr (who said government workers are over paid?).  Fortunately my wife makes a bit more than what I do.
Apparently the insurance my wife and I carried wasn't good enough. We were one of the thousands of families who received the notice last month. I didn't see the notice since I have been here since June 16th.(here is Cali). As of Dec our plan with Blue Cross will double in cost. I am guessing that paying out of pocket for silly shit is now unacceptable. Carrying insurance for the big stuff only, and saving some money, isn't allowed.

I will always pay big bucks through government Bryant. Thanks to you little progs, I am seen as an evil man who makes to much money. Oh well, as long as y'all feel good about what y'all do to people like me......it's all cool. Y'all may grow up one day. Who's to know though. Too many think I owe them something theses days.

Yeah, self-employed and make 200+/year........but I work my tail off for it. Hope y'all smile while y'all take it. Make me feel good while y'all rape me.......all I ask. Nothing like a big smile from the one assraping you.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next