Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elderly Iowa homeowners shoot and kill escaped prisoner who shot cop

Go down

Elderly Iowa homeowners shoot and kill escaped prisoner who shot cop Empty Elderly Iowa homeowners shoot and kill escaped prisoner who shot cop

Post by Dennis324 Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:40 am

Elderly Iowa homeowners shoot and kill escaped prisoner who shot cop Shotgun-e1269459611609

By Dan Cannon, GunsSaveLives.net

Taylor County Sheriff’s Deputy Dan Wyckoff was responding to a call to check on someone walking along the side of a highway according to the QC Times and KETV.

When Wyckoff got out of his car to approach the man, he was shot twice by the suspect, who is suspected to be Rodney Long, a prisoner who escaped from a prison in Clarinda, Iowa last week.

A massive manhunt ensued, but police were unable to locate Long.
That was because Long was no longer on the run, he was holed up in the private residence of an elderly couple, holding them hostage.
Long took their cell phones and cut their land lines.
After four hours of captivity, the couple made the decision that they were going to fight back.
Jerome Mauderly, age 71, managed to gain access to a shotgun in the home, which he then used to shoot, and kill Long.

Shortly after 2am, 911 dispatchers received a call from the couple, saying they had shot an intruder.
When police arrived they found Long lying face down, dead on the kitchen floor.
Wyckoff, the deputy who was shot, is being treated at an area hospital and is expected to make a full recovery.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/08/21/elderly-iowa-homeowners-shoot-and-kill-escaped-prisoner-who-shot-cop/#ixzz2ccAUTBNq
Seems like I've heard many reports of senior citizens who refuse to take any crap off thugs.  I think I read an article not long ago about an old WW2 veteran (US Ranger?) who beat up a mugger.  Watch out for these 70+ seniors.  Respect em.  Especially if they are veterans.  They didn't get old by being fools.  The greatest generation.

Elderly Iowa homeowners shoot and kill escaped prisoner who shot cop 2043178781
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down