Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

John Bolton

2 posters

Go down

John Bolton Empty John Bolton

Post by Dennis324 Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:16 am

John Bolton 220px-John_Bolton_by_Gage_Skidmore
John Robert Bolton (born November 20, 1948) is an American lawyer and diplomat who has served in several Republican administrations. Appointed on a recess appointment, he served as the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations from August 2005 until December 2006.

Bolton has been a strong critic of the United Nations for much of his career.  He said:
"there is no United Nations... there is an international community that occasionally can be led by the only real power left in the world, and that´s the United States, when it suits our interests, and when we can get others to go along."

He also stated that "The Secretariat Building in New York has 38 stories. "If you lost ten stories today, it wouldn't make a bit of difference."

Other quotes:

It’s time to take off the kid gloves and start going toe-to-toe with Russian President Vladimir Putin.

“I think in order to focus Putin’s thinking, we need to do things that cause him pain as well,”

I don’t think we should forget we should make China feel pain here for giving Snowden asylum for a couple of days and then allowing him to escape to Moscow. I think the lesson Putin learned watching what we did not do to China is Putin could get away with it, too. So far, they are both right,”

This is why I like John Bolton.  We need him to lead our State Department.  Nothing wishy-washy about him.  We need someone who is willing and able to go eye to eye with our adversaries and make them blink.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

John Bolton Empty Re: John Bolton

Post by Sir Pun Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:29 am

Or at least call something what it is

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down