Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Changing Colors

4 posters

Go down

Changing Colors Empty Changing Colors

Post by Bryant Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:54 pm

Apparently Fresno State is changing their colors:

Changing Colors FresnoStateBlack

Changing Colors FresnoStateHelmets

Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Changing Colors Empty Re: Changing Colors

Post by Marconius Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:48 am

Seems that damn near every team is going with a black alternate uni. Glad my Tigers will never do it. We went all purple a few years back, most of us were like.....eh. The all white with white helmets is pretty sick though.

Anyway, I feel for all those Bulldog gang members. Now they gotta run out and spend even more of their dole money on new swag.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:59 am

That blue or black?

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:44 am

Marconius wrote:Seems that damn near every team is going with a black alternate uni. Glad my Tigers will never do it. We went all purple a few years back, most of us were like.....eh. The all white with white helmets is pretty sick though.

Anyway, I feel for all those Bulldog gang members. Now they gotta run out and spend even more of their dole money on new swag.

I hate them [Bulldog gang].  They're the reason many Fresno area schools banned Fresno State logo clothes.

Last edited by Bryant on Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarification)
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:01 pm

I know in the south, its not advantageous to wear all or mostly black/dark unis because of the heat through most of the season. Many times if its really hot the home team will opt to wear their white away unis.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:23 pm

Bryant wrote:
Marconius wrote:Seems that damn near every team is going with a black alternate uni. Glad my Tigers will never do it. We went all purple a few years back, most of us were like.....eh. The all white with white helmets is pretty sick though.

I hate them [Bulldog gang].  They're the reason many Fresno area schools banned Fresno State logo clothes.

As long you refuse to do anything useful to stop them, then do not complain. Just keep taking freedoms away from the lawabiders...........like usual.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:09 am

I'm a traditionalist.  I didnt even like it when Bama put small houndstooth trim around the collars of our jerseys.  And a lot of teams are changing because of the contracts they sign with Nike or whoever.  Its all meant to see jerseys and gear.

I guess is the Fresno fans like the change, its ok.  Personally I like the old red script bulldog helmet, red jerseys and white or gray pants.  Smile
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:30 am

Its fresno, theyre still gonna suck

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:20 pm

At least alabama finally put players names on their jerseys, what back in the nineties or so?

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:23 pm

And i dont mind some alternate unis for special occasions, as long as its not like oregon, with the different color scheme every week. I mean i know thats nike's home state and all but damn.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:03 pm

I know!  Oregon and Maryland are two teams that have really sold out to the big corporations. 
Changing Colors Bad-maryland-uniforms1Changing Colors Oregon-ducks-black-and-silver-uniforms-570x379

Another thing I cant stand to see is when a team uni's shirt and pants are the same color.  Like red britches and red jersey.  Or all blue or black.  Or all orange or something like that.  Makes em look like they are running around in their pajamas.  The only exception to this (imo) is white.  All white unis look good.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:02 am

Dennis324 wrote:I know!  Oregon and Maryland are two teams that have really sold out to the big corporations. 
Changing Colors Bad-maryland-uniforms1Changing Colors Oregon-ducks-black-and-silver-uniforms-570x379

Another thing I cant stand to see is when a team uni's shirt and pants are the same color.  Like red britches and red jersey.  Or all blue or black.  Or all orange or something like that.  Makes em look like they are running around in their pajamas.  The only exception to this (imo) is white.  All white unis look good.

When I played in High School our away uniform was gold jerseys with gold pants (gold, not yellow). Looked slick.
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:53 am

Dennis324 wrote: The only exception to this (imo) is white.  All white unis look good.

Ever seen ours when we wear all white with white helmets??? One of the best out there. Too bad I'm on my phone and can't post a pick.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:37 am

Changing Colors 86787917-lsu-tigers
Yeah, that ones looks good. 

But personally I like this next one better!
Changing Colors LSU_Pro_Combat_UNIFORM_Masked_hiRes

It looks a lot my my old High school team colors with the gold helmet.  Smile

OTOH, this next one sux.

Changing Colors Nike-Boise-State-Uniform-Las-Vegas-Bowl

Look like PJs.

And this next one is what I worry they'll one day do at Bama.
Changing Colors 613x459

Gawd, looks like Santa Claws.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum