Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you smarter than a US diplomat?

5 posters

Go down

Are you smarter than a US diplomat? Empty Are you smarter than a US diplomat?

Post by Miles1 Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:16 am

Are you smarter than a US diplomat?

"Diplomats working for the US Foreign Service are responsible for carrying out the policy of the United States. In order to serve at one of the 265 US diplomatic missions around the world, applicants must pass a series of examinations. The tests consist of a job knowledge test, English language test, essays, oral exams, and a qualifications panel. Our 20 questions are modeled after the job knowledge portion of the Foreign Service Officer's test. The real examination consists of 60 questions and is administered over 40 minutes. Think you know enough to become a US diplomat? Take our quiz."

I got 80% which isn't bad seeing as I assume that the ppl taking it study their ass off for it and I was coming in blind... :-P
Miles1
Miles1

Back to top Go down

Are you smarter than a US diplomat? Empty Re: Are you smarter than a US diplomat?

Post by Dennis324 Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:26 pm

I got 80% too, but I'm gonna be honest.  I got extremely lucky on a handful of questions. (Meaning I didn't know what the heck they were talking about).  Lol!  The history questions were easiest to me.  I got lucky on that one about guessing the median of numbers.  I stink at math.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Are you smarter than a US diplomat? Empty Re: Are you smarter than a US diplomat?

Post by Sir Pun Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:19 pm

So far sounds like any idiot can get 80%?

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:15 pm

Sir Pun wrote:So far sounds like any idiot can get 80%?

Did you take the test?
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:23 am

I did but it ddnt save my answers

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles1 Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:00 am

Sir Pun wrote:I did but it ddnt save my answers

probably 80% like everyone else .. :-P
Miles1
Miles1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:19 am

The easiest questions were the ones that had nothing to do with diplomacy. Like who was hannibal? What does that have to do with anything?

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles1 Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:23 am

Sir Pun wrote:The easiest questions were the ones that had nothing to do with diplomacy. Like who was hannibal? What does that have to do with anything?

Maybe they're trying to make sure that the diplomats have a well rounded education and aren't going to do something embarrassing like if they were stationed in Tunisia and someone asked them what their opinion of Hannibal was, and they replied "Well, he was good at getting the team out of sticky situations but I really preferred BA myself".... Razz
Miles1
Miles1

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:18 am

Miles1 wrote:
Sir Pun wrote:The easiest questions were the ones that had nothing to do with diplomacy. Like who was hannibal? What does that have to do with anything?

Maybe they're trying to make sure that the diplomats have a well rounded education and aren't going to do something embarrassing like if they were stationed in Tunisia and someone asked them what their opinion of Hannibal was, and they replied "Well, he was good at getting the team out of sticky situations but I really preferred BA myself".... Razz

NICE!!!!
Leave it to Miles to break from convention. Most today would make the Lector reference, but Miles goes A-Team. Gotta love it.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:06 am

"Which artist helped develop the American abstract expressionist art style in the 1940s?"

WTF?Are you smarter than a US diplomat? 934016172 
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:10 am

A-team indeed

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down