Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are the odds?

3 posters

Go down

What are the odds? Empty What are the odds?

Post by Sir Pun Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:38 pm

So what do you think is more likely? That we can hang on long enough for our technology to save us, or are we already doomed? I mean population-wise, unless we can get off-planet, we are already doomed. Or unless a global pandemic kills off a large chunk of the pop.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

What are the odds? Empty Re: What are the odds?

Post by Sir Pun Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:42 pm

Not to mention war. The industrialized world has been at a state of relative peace for an unprecedented amount of time historically. But history insists this cant be sustained indefinitely. Particularly with growing pops.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:28 am

I believe that we will soon see a great deal of upheaval with an accompanied time of modern "dark age".

The signs are all there:
A crumbling empire that only has 1.8 workers for every 1 on the dole.
A globe tied together by trade currency that is backed by nothing.
Mass migrations of people from poverty stricken/war torn areas to relatively wealthy areas(resulting in impoverishing the wealthy areas).
Bit players being propped up by major powers.
Civil unrest sprouting in almost every corner of the globe.
Ineffective leadership in all the major players.
China struggling to maintain its economic bubble.

Many more could be listed. I ain't even touching on environmental concerns.

Bottom line, if we want to survive, we need to get off this rock. We are not anywhere near this yet and will suffer through a great time of despair first. When we come out of our "dark age". We may see man take the steps to leave and colonize other places.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:31 pm

Dod I dont think we are doomed, but we are facing some terrible problems.

I think the narcissism, the arrogance, the lack of respect and compassion we have for one another will doom us. We share many things in common with the Old Roman Empire. We are a corrupt society where degrading acts are becoming more commonplace. We have legalized infanticide. We are immoral and dont protect the young like we should. So called adult entertainment is normalized and aired during prime time. Most have checked out of our political process and now our elections are more of a popularity contest, rather than voting for good and decent people.

Goodness and decency is ridiculed in our culture now and I think its gonna cost us. We have suffered from 911 and watched in horror as little 1st graders were shot and people ask "where was God"? But we've used the Constitution and courts to drive God from our lives.

I'm a religious person as you know and I think that because God is a 'just' God, I tremble for our country.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum