Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most Racist countries in the world

5 posters

Go down

Most Racist countries in the world Empty Most Racist countries in the world

Post by Miles1 Tue May 21, 2013 2:57 pm

Miles1
Miles1

Back to top Go down

Most Racist countries in the world Empty Re: Most Racist countries in the world

Post by Sir Pun Tue May 21, 2013 3:14 pm

No way! Hands down america is easily the most racist country! I mean we have the tea party for crying out loud!

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Tue May 21, 2013 3:17 pm

But seriously, i bet a lot of negative connotations come up between this question though and race in the real world. For instance higher crime rates in minority and urban neighborhoods. Doesnt mean if those people were put into nice neighborhoods that the crime rate woupd necisarilly follow. As a white person if they could choose between an affluent black family and a white trash family next door, and id bet most would go for the black family, and vice versa.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Tue May 21, 2013 4:50 pm

Yeah, it is fairly common knowledge that India's caste system is very racist.

Gandhi himself was rabidly racist.

tUSA isn't so much racist as they are....well.....I don't know what we are. I do know that I work all over tUSA and people up north and out west automatically think I am a racist......without ever even speaking to me......and it is an overwhelming majority of them.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles1 Wed May 22, 2013 1:53 am

Marconius wrote:
I do know that I work all over tUSA and people up north and out west automatically think I am a racist......without ever even speaking to me......and it is an overwhelming majority of them.

So they're being racist against white people?
Miles1
Miles1

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Wed May 22, 2013 7:46 am

Miles1 wrote:
Marconius wrote:
I do know that I work all over tUSA and people up north and out west automatically think I am a racist......without ever even speaking to me......and it is an overwhelming majority of them.

So they're being racist against white people?

How exactly can one be racist against their own race???

I don't know what to call it......tribalism maybe.....most likely it is just that they are dumb enough to believe the hype that racism is everywhere over here.

Racism against whites does exist here. Racism against all races exists here. You will never get rid of it until there are no more races. Of course, like racism against other races, the racism against whites, here in tUSA, is not that big of a deal. Some whites, like some of other races, do tend to blow it out of proportion.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles1 Wed May 22, 2013 9:30 am

Marconius wrote:
How exactly can one be racist against their own race???

I don't know what to call it......tribalism maybe.....most likely it is just that they are dumb enough to believe the hype that racism is everywhere over here.

Generally we have a different term than "racist" for those kind of people, we just call them "wankers", a term not often used in america I think (be careful searching it on google though if your'e in work I would say, if you're unclear as to the meaning...)
Miles1
Miles1

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Wed May 22, 2013 11:52 am

I'm surprised how high South Korea ranked. I'm not surprised by how high the French ranked.

A criticism I have of this methodology is that it only appears to take into account explicit racism, however implicit racism can be far more extensive and just as dangerous.

Take South Africa, for example. This study concluded that less than ten percent of the participants claimed they wouldn't want a member of another 'race' living next door, which makes South Africa sound like a fairly tolerant country. The modern history and economic equality of South Africa doesn't necessarily agree with this. The post-apartheid period still saw whites in control of many facets of the nations economics and most of the black population excluded from areas with large job markets. Further, South Africa has had some black politicians in the last several years calling for violence against whites. A couple were even murdered. I would be wary of a methodology that suggested racism was minimal in a place like this where political and economic power is still so racially segregated.

The United States is a different story. Most of us born in the post-Civil Rights Movement era view racism negatively, and if presented with the question posed in this study would be quick to assert that we have no problem living next door to other 'races.' While most Americans would not explicit declare ethnic superiority, many still hold racially charged stereotypical views of other 'races.' A study to assess implicit racism performed during the 2012 presidential election concluded over half of Americans held racist views deriding blacks. There is a lot of racism in the United States, its just not the kind the initial study would detect.
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Thu May 23, 2013 7:22 pm

I think the map is fairly accurate for this day and age. Back in the 60s I would've expected to see the US as more racist...especially in the George Wallace segregationist south.

But times are changing and I know I don't feel the same way as I did in the 60s.

I look at that map and think of some of the things I've seen in soccer matches...especially in France. People throwing bananas at black players...stars!

Look at that map and tell me what is unique about it. To me, I see that most of the reddish shades are in primarily Muslim countries.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Thu May 23, 2013 8:50 pm

Bryant wrote:
The United States is a different story. Most of us born in the post-Civil Rights Movement era view racism negatively, and if presented with the question posed in this study would be quick to assert that we have no problem living next door to other 'races.' While most Americans would not explicit declare ethnic superiority, many still hold racially charged stereotypical views of other 'races.' A study to assess implicit racism performed during the 2012 presidential election concluded over half of Americans held racist views deriding blacks. There is a lot of racism in the United States, its just not the kind the initial study would detect.

You know, I live in an area where blacks are almost as numerous as whites. Racism isn't that prevalent. Sure people many time drift to those that are more similar. We have all black neighborhoods and all white neighborhoods and all asian neighborhoods. We also have just as many mixed neighborhoods. We have black clubs and white clubs and asian clubs and mixed clubs. But to sit here and say repeatedly that blacks are the only ones on the receiving end of racism is just too Chris Matthewsish for me. To say that whites are the only ones that can be racist, which basically both links you linked say, is actually racist in and of itself. Racism hides in every race.

I've been all over the states. I've been to other countries. I've seen the way people are in many different places. Call me blind. Call me a homer, but I just don't see the racism in my area that is found in other places. I've heard "nigger", used in a derogatory manor, more from hispanics and whites in Cali than I have ever heard here. I've heard it more in Mich. I've heard it more in New York. You name it, I've heard it. I've also have blacks hate on me 'cause I'm white. I've had hispanics hate on me 'cause I'm white. I've had whites hate on me 'cause they "thought" I was racist. All I have to say is come on down. Attend one of our get-togethers. Then you tell me how racist we are.

The new south ain't what the media tells you it is....at least not in my neck of the woods.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Fri May 24, 2013 12:49 pm

Why it isn't a smart idea to be racist in the south:

Most Racist countries in the world 2n6tcwi

Benefit is that we get exposed to blacks all the time. This exposure leads to a feeling of comfort. Hell, I don't feel normal unless I have some black dudes with me.......and I m as white-bread as it comes.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Fri May 24, 2013 4:58 pm

Marconius wrote:
Bryant wrote:

You know, I live in an area where blacks are almost as numerous as whites. Racism isn't that prevalent. Sure people many time drift to those that are more similar. We have all black neighborhoods and all white neighborhoods and all asian neighborhoods. We also have just as many mixed neighborhoods. We have black clubs and white clubs and asian clubs and mixed clubs. But to sit here and say repeatedly that blacks are the only ones on the receiving end of racism is just too Chris Matthewsish for me. To say that whites are the only ones that can be racist, which basically both links you linked say, is actually racist in and of itself. Racism hides in every race.

I've been all over the states. I've been to other countries. I've seen the way people are in many different places. Call me blind. Call me a homer, but I just don't see the racism in my area that is found in other places. I've heard "nigger", used in a derogatory manor, more from hispanics and whites in Cali than I have ever heard here. I've heard it more in Mich. I've heard it more in New York. You name it, I've heard it. I've also have blacks hate on me 'cause I'm white. I've had hispanics hate on me 'cause I'm white. I've had whites hate on me 'cause they "thought" I was racist. All I have to say is come on down. Attend one of our get-togethers. Then you tell me how racist we are.

The new south ain't what the media tells you it is....at least not in my neck of the woods.

I never singled out the south, nor did I assert that the only racism is expressed by white people toward black people. I did cite an example that focused on views of blacks, but that was in no way meant to suggest such views are only directed at that demographic. I have never been to the South, however hearing stories of how a high school just had its first desegregated prom is telling. Is that to say that all Southerners are racists and northerners or westerners are not? Hell no! When I was in high school I had the pleasure of punching a skin head in the face. While the town I grew up in never really had any problems with explicit racism, a couple neighboring towns were infamous (Coursegold held one of the largest Klan rallies in the West and there is supposedly a large Nazi compound somewhere near Oakhurst). There does seem to be somewhat rampant implicit racism in many of the rural communities in California (most of these communities are white +/- American Indian, so understanding of other 'racial' groups is usually derived from stereotypes and the media).
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Fri May 24, 2013 9:44 pm

Bryant wrote:
Marconius wrote:
Bryant wrote:

I never singled out the south, nor did I assert that the only racism is expressed by white people toward black people. I did cite an example that focused on views of blacks, but that was in no way meant to suggest such views are only directed at that demographic. I have never been to the South, however hearing stories of how a high school just had its first desegregated prom is telling. Is that to say that all Southerners are racists and northerners or westerners are not? Hell no! When I was in high school I had the pleasure of punching a skin head in the face. While the town I grew up in never really had any problems with explicit racism, a couple neighboring towns were infamous (Coursegold held one of the largest Klan rallies in the West and there is supposedly a large Nazi compound somewhere near Oakhurst). There does seem to be somewhat rampant implicit racism in many of the rural communities in California (most of these communities are white +/- American Indian, so understanding of other 'racial' groups is usually derived from stereotypes and the media).

My point is that all studies done are explicitly done to show how racist whites are. That in and of itself is racist. In not giving equal credence to the racism found in all races does an injustice to all.

BTW, there are many places here that do have black proms separate from white proms. Church Point is one. The students voted. Since blacks are approx 70% of the students, how exactly does that look??? Is it racist??? Not really.

One of those links you provided was about politics. You do realize blacks vote almost exclusively for black candidates don't you??? Does that mean they are inherently racist or is it that they feel blacks better represent them??? Whatever answer you give for that question must also apply to all races. Better yet, where is the study that tells us why???
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Sat May 25, 2013 11:16 pm

Precisely.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down