Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Death of an Admin???

4 posters

Go down

Death of an Admin??? Empty Death of an Admin???

Post by Marconius Wed May 08, 2013 1:19 am

With the admin wasting what little political capital it had left on a failed gun grab.
With the majority of the admin's own party calling the admin's crowning achievement "a train wreck".
With the Bengazi debacle now fully coming to light.

Is this it for this admin???
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Death of an Admin??? Empty Re: Death of an Admin???

Post by Sir Pun Thu May 09, 2013 4:31 pm

Oh yeah, its a lame duck 2nd term. For some reason they think they have a shot at winning back the house and regaining their supermajority in 2014, but i dont see it happening even if they did make modestgains.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Thu May 09, 2013 6:02 pm

Sounds like a lot of wishful thinking.
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Fri May 10, 2013 7:49 am

On whos part?

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Tue May 14, 2013 10:16 am

Wishing that it is wishful thinking is now becoming wishful thinking.

Now we have the IRS targeting conservative groups.
The DOJ spying on the AP.
The EPA denying waivers to conservative groups.

Man, this is getting bad. If most of the media wasn't state run, I might say Big O won't even finish this term.

So let's see.
In order just to get on the ballot, there was fraud.
He has had his records sealed(sorry, but I like my President properly vetted....I'm funny like that)
Fast and Furious.
Backroom deals to push his crowning trainwreck.
Oh hell, I would wear myself out trying to type all of this admin's scandals and illegalities.

So why continue to defend him???
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Tue May 14, 2013 11:31 am

Marconius wrote:Wishing that it is wishful thinking is now becoming wishful thinking.

Now we have the IRS targeting conservative groups.
The DOJ spying on the AP.
The EPA denying waivers to conservative groups.

Man, this is getting bad. If most of the media wasn't state run, I might say Big O won't even finish this term.

So let's see.
In order just to get on the ballot, there was fraud.
He has had his records sealed(sorry, but I like my President properly vetted....I'm funny like that)
Fast and Furious.
Backroom deals to push his crowning trainwreck.
Oh hell, I would wear myself out trying to type all of this admin's scandals and illegalities.

So why continue to defend him???

Tell me, how many of those groups were denied tax exempt status? While I agree that singling out groups due to political affiliation is unacceptable, all they had to do was answer a few additional questions. No one's political expressions were curtailed, and any monetary damages will likely be settled out in court. To your greater point, there is no evidence that this leads to Obama or anyone else outside of the IRS.

Spying on the AP is bothersome, but unfortunately legal (Patriot Act). Hopefully this will find its way before the Supreme Court.

All I could find on the EPA were right wing blogs, and even one of those stated that the FOIA fee waver criteria were not met in most of those requests. From what I was able to find, little of which carried any credibility, there is no scandal here.

Ballot fraud? No evidence.

Obama's Records Sealed? False

Fast and Furious? Continuation of Bush Era program trying to track how arms move through cartels to gain understanding of cartel structure. No evidence of this making it higher than DOJ.

Highly subjective assessment of AFA (people attach it to Obama, even though he originally wanted something much stronger).

Why defend him? Because most of the accusations come from the tinfoil hat brigade. While there are faults, there are improprieties for which criticism and rebuke are essential, so much of what is lobbed at him is pure, 100% politically motivated bullshit.
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Tue May 14, 2013 6:54 pm

Bryant wrote:
Tell me, how many of those groups were denied tax exempt status? While I agree that singling out groups due to political affiliation is unacceptable, all they had to do was answer a few additional questions. No one's political expressions were curtailed, and any monetary damages will likely be settled out in court.

Well...there is this:
IRS Asked About Political Views, Tea Party Groups Claim Mistreatment

When Jennifer Stefano of suburban Philadelphia tried to start a tea party group, the IRS sent her so many questions that she figured it was easier to quit.

"In the documents that were sent to me, if you did not tell the whole truth by not putting all your personal information out there by Facebook, by Twitter, of your personal relationship with candidates and parties ... it could be considered perjury and perjury carried jail time," Stefano, 39, told ABC News.

"That was frightening and that's why I shut it down. I shut my group down."

Stefano is among dozens of tea party organizers who received extra scrutiny from the Internal Revenue Service -- 75 in 2012, by the agency's own admission -- as officials sought to investigate the tax-exempt applications of conservative groups.

Looks like the plan was simply to harass these groups by bombarding them with personal questions until you just gave up. They wanted the groups to submit copies of posts made on their websites, info on who their members were, etc. This is McCarthyism.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Wed May 15, 2013 8:58 am

Bryant, I'm not gonna take much time hitting on all points now. Most have been rehashed(like the difference between Operation Gun Runner and Operation Fast and Furious).

With campaign officials being found guilty of fraud just getting Big O on the ticket, with top IRS officials admitting they knew, with ties to top officials and Bengazi, and all the other stuff that came from top officials, you must ask yourself just how much crap you are willing to eat before you've had enough. If something goes wrong with my job, or your job, it doesn't matter if you are to blame.........ultimately we are in charge.......we are to blame. How many scandals involving top officials does it take before you say, "maybe it isn't just politics. Maybe he is crooked". One or two......maybe. Three in one week......c'mon man.

Maybe, just maybe if top execs at places like CNN, NBC, and CBS were not spouses or siblings to those seeded high up in the current admin, you might know more about the wrong doings.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Wed May 15, 2013 9:25 am

Basically he is either lying to you, his employer, or he is incompetent.

Take your pick.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down