Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Asbestos

4 posters

Go down

Asbestos Empty Asbestos

Post by Bryant Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:14 am

I'm curious about something. How would you guys define asbestos (no googling!)? Is it something you're concerned about? Why?
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Asbestos Empty Re: Asbestos

Post by Dennis324 Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:53 am

Asbestos?

Thats that stuff we used to have to worry about when I was in the shipyards. You breathe that stuff in and it'll rip you a new one years later. I still worry a little about whether or not I got that stuff in my lings back in the early '80s.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:56 pm

Asbestos....I think about an offwhite fibrous material. We see it in old industrial insulation. As long as it doesn't start flaking, it isn't very harmful. Of course all the asbestos is old and is starting to degrade so flaking is almost guaranteed. Most facilities are in the process of replacing it with a more modern alternative that isn't a health hazard.

I do know there is a safe type of asbestos, but I have never seen it and don't know anything about it or how it is used.

Why the question??? I know you know something that isn't common knowledge and since I ain't allowed to Google it..........
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles1 Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:44 am

Marconius wrote:
Why the question??? I know you know something that isn't common knowledge and since I ain't allowed to Google it..........

Is probably some conspiracy that says that asbestos isn't harmful at all and it was all a scam by scientists all over the world in collusion with builders contractors to drum up business for the asbestos replacement industry, who are obviously agents of the New World Order. In fact, let's go one further, they found out that asbestos actually blocked the mind controlling rays that the Illuminati have been beaming down to the plane from their "communications satellites" and so it had to go.

Actually, now that I said that, that sounds like a dam good conspiracy - must post it somewhere else (prisonplanet.com maybe, given the NWO connection) and let it take wings.... :-P
Miles1
Miles1

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:24 am

Asbestos 108hornblende

Would you think this could be classified as asbestos?
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:07 pm

The way I understand it, asbestos is made from rock. I don't know what color the rock is originally and considering salt is black as night before bleaching, yeah I guess that could be asbestos.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:21 pm

How about when compared to this?

Asbestos Asbestos-serpentine-thetford-mines
Serpentine mineral chrysotile

or this

Asbestos 3225484511_3e7396e878
Amphibole mineral Amosite
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:46 pm

The chrysotile has the proper color. Of course I have never seen it in such good shape.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum