Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Show me yours and I'll show you mine

2 posters

Go down

Show me yours and I'll show you mine Empty Show me yours and I'll show you mine

Post by Marconius Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:53 am

Well, I've mentioned before That I bought an old diesel VW Rabbit to drive back and forth to work. My F-250 gets about 15 miles/gallon so using it for the 70 mile/day commute was outta the question.

So without further ado, this is the pic from the add when I bought it:

Show me yours and I'll show you mine $T2eC16FHJG8E9nyfmF)wBRHDq!I1T!~~60_1

Ok, so now let the jokes begin, but hey.....it gets over 40 miles/gallon!!!!

For Bryant:

These vehicles are not too popular over here, but have been told that they have a following out there. This truck is from Colorado (got it for $2400....I think that is pretty good) and is in good mechanical shape. What I wanna know is........do you know of anyone who converted one to 4WD??? If so, how hard was it??? I am gonna restore it, but kinda got a wild hair. Think "rally truck". Yeah, complete with fender flares and stripe graphics. If I'm gonna go tacky, Ima go all the way!!!

I'll try to post pics as I go.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Show me yours and I'll show you mine Empty Re: Show me yours and I'll show you mine

Post by Bryant Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:20 am

My cousin has a VW truck, but it looks different. For 4x4 you'd probably have to get a transfer case, new drive lines (rear will be shorter due to the tcase and you don't have a front), and a new front axle (one that is capable of being driven). Is it solid frame or unit body?
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Show me yours and I'll show you mine Empty Re: Show me yours and I'll show you mine

Post by Marconius Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:02 pm

It is not a true truck. It uses the Rabbit's uni-body. I ain't thinking of serious off road. Just making it look more interesting. I will prolly just keep it 2WD, lift it an inch or two, cut and flare the fenders, put on some garish graphics and call it a day.

Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:02 pm

Call me a poser...............
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down