Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BYU student scolded for her attire in Valentine's note

3 posters

Go down

BYU student scolded for her attire in Valentine's note Empty BYU student scolded for her attire in Valentine's note

Post by Bryant Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:37 pm

BYU student scolded for her attire in Valentine's note
Sean P. Means
The Salt Lake Tribune

BYU student scolded for her attire in Valentine's note Jpeg

BYU's motto is "The glory of God is intelligence," but there's nothing resembling intelligence involved in what happened to a Cougar student on Valentine's Day.

Brittany Molina was minding her own business on the Provo campus when a young man came up and handed her a piece of paper.

"I thought he was giving me a love note," she wrote on Twitter - @BrittanyJMo. "Turns out..."

And she shared a photo of the most remarkable missive, which read:

"You may want to consider that what you're wearing has a negative effect on men (and women) around you. Many people come to this university because they feel safe, morally as well as physically, here. They expect others to abide by the Honor Code that we all agreed on. Please consider your commitment to the Honor Code (which you agreed to) when dressing each day. Thank you."

Molina shared a picture of her outfit via Twitter - and it would be considered modest by any standards short of a burqa.
"Gosh dang it," Molina wrote on Twitter. " I'll remember to dress in jeans, a sweatshirt and tennis shoes tomorrow. That way I don't make people feel uncomfortable."

And the courageous young man who wrote the note "was gone within .5 seconds of handing me that note," she added.

BYU doesn't even have to do anything to make itself the object of ridicule. The occasional student will do it all by himself.

Hence we have the expression 'Utards' (in my defense, I learned the expression from CA mormons who where criticizing the overzealous nature of many of their Utah brethren).
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

BYU student scolded for her attire in Valentine's note Empty Re: BYU student scolded for her attire in Valentine's note

Post by Miles1 Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:18 am

Bryant wrote:
BYU's motto is "The glory of God is intelligence," but there's nothing resembling intelligence involved in what happened to a Cougar student on Valentine's Day.

Hang on, the university nickname is the cougars? Maybe they might want to think about changing that if they want to keep their squeaky-clean image - I wonder how many have typed "cougars" into google image search with "safe search" accidentally turned off :-P

Molina shared a picture of her outfit via Twitter - and it would be considered modest by any standards short of a burqa.

Modest it may be, but you'd still tap that...
Miles1
Miles1

Back to top Go down

BYU student scolded for her attire in Valentine's note Empty Re: BYU student scolded for her attire in Valentine's note

Post by Dennis324 Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:07 am

Nothing wrong with her attire. Maybe that guy was a Quaker or Amish wannabe?
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:29 am

Dennis324 wrote:Nothing wrong with her attire. Maybe that guy was a Quaker or Amish wannabe?

Nope. BYU is a LDS institution. While most of the mormons I've known have been civil, reasonable folk there does exist a large element withing the LDS church that encourages institutionalized sexism and racism (ie the 'Utards' and utard wannabes) .
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:13 am

Oh...I was kidding around. Wink Wow...you're up late.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down