Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paul Ryan: ‘I don’t think that the president actually thinks we have a fiscal crisis’

Go down

Paul Ryan: ‘I don’t think that the president actually thinks we have a fiscal crisis’ Empty Paul Ryan: ‘I don’t think that the president actually thinks we have a fiscal crisis’

Post by Dennis324 Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:15 am

By Dylan Stableford, Yahoo! News

Wisconsin Rep. Paul Ryan lashed out at President Barack Obama on Sunday, saying the commander in chief does not have a full grasp of the budget problems facing the U.S. economy.

"I don't think that the president actually thinks we have a fiscal crisis," Ryan said on NBC's "Meet The Press" in his first live interview since the 2012 presidential campaign, when he was Mitt Romney's running mate. "He's been reportedly saying to our leaders that we don't have a spending problem, we have a healthcare problem. That leads me to conclude that he just thinks we ought to have more government-run healthcare and rationing."

Ryan, the House Budget Committee chairman, told David Gregory that while Democrats may have gotten higher taxes on the wealthy as part of the New Year's deal to avoid the fiscal cliff, that's all they'll get.

"The president got his additional revenues," Ryan said. "So that's behind us."

"Are we for raising revenues? No we're not," he continued. "If you keep raising revenues, you're not going to get decent tax reform."

Personally I think the president does believe we have a fiscal crisis...he jusst doesnt care. Nor does Harry Reid, who hasnt allowed a budget to be discussed in over 4 years...maybe 5! How can the nation operate without a budget? Answer...it does so without limits. And this seems like why we have to discuss raising the debt ceiling every few months. Thanks Harry. And thank you Obama, for not being responsible enough to press Reid to allow a budget to be voted on in the Senate.

This administration...and this crop of Dems appear to be like teens with mom and dad's credit card. They dont know where the money comes from and dont care. Self-centered teens only care what this piece of plastic will get them. And it looks like this party and this adminstration is following suit.
Crying or Very sad
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down