Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keeping the govt in line...with guns?

3 posters

Go down

Keeping the govt in line...with guns? Empty Keeping the govt in line...with guns?

Post by Dennis324 Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:35 pm

Today I visited a number of messageboards. I didnt join them, but I have been interested in reading some of the posts by the Anti gun control crowd. One viewpoint which frequently comes up is We have to keep guns in order to keep our govt in line....

Keep our govt in line. Yeah...your guns are goin g to keep our govt ....in line. As in, we can outgun and win some sort of rebellion against the United States. Ok.

This line of thought is the reason I am not a member of the NRA anymore. I used to be, then I realized it was populated with insane lunatics. People who think that somehow they can use their guns to get their way. Or if the govt doesnt do what they like, they can shoot someone and this will somehow make everything ok. We've seen variations of this, even in our group. People who cant defend their views resort to clinging to their guns and daring the rest of us to come and get em.

Folks...you...cant.. beat...the ATF. Or FBI. I dont care if you have ten thousand rifles and hundreds of thousands of ammo of your choice. I dont care if you have grenades! You cant win a fight with the ATF. You...will die in a firefight with the FBI. They arent kidding around with this.

Keeping the govt in line...with guns? SWAT_1_zps37bc54de

So what if you prove your manhood, or claim you are defending the Constitution....fighting a firefight is a losing battle and you'll become nothing more than a statistic. And the rest of us will go on about our lives as usual.

We ought to learn the lessons of Waco, and Ruby Ridge. Both tragedies that didnt have to happen. And maybe the police forces shouldnt have done this or that, but the bottom line is the civilians were just as dead.
Keeping the govt in line...with guns? Tanks1_zps22a25b8c

For you (the gun zealot) it wont matter if you are right or wrong...you would be irrelevant at that point. Your stupidity got you killed.

The law will always win. Clyde Barrow found that out. He preferred using the Browning Assault Rifle (a beautiful weapon btw) and outgunned the local police. But what happened to him? Dead duck. Same with Pretty Boy Floyd and Machine Gun Kelly. All dead. And these were crooks who lived a gun lifestyle, and had tons of experience facing law enforcement.

When people begin to resort to saying "we need guns to keep the govt in line" or "come and try to take em", I just have to stop listening. Because its clear that person is stupid. Nothing anyone says will matter anymore. To say 'use the courts and the political process' ...this just falls on deaf ears. There is no compromise...no reason with these people. These people are dangerous because they are ignorant.

I'm a gun owner myself. I practice with my guns, but I'm also a law abiding citizen. I'm smart enough to know that I cannot face off the police if for some reason they came to my door to get my guns. I will use the law and political process instead.

Keeping the govt in line...with guns? Badge_zps3164e54d
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Keeping the govt in line...with guns? Empty Re: Keeping the govt in line...with guns?

Post by Dennis324 Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:15 pm

Keeping the govt in line...with guns? GunsCARS_zps83580dc7-1_zps23f929dd

You know, this is an interesting pic. We regulate other aspects of our lives for various reasons including public safety. But gun zealots refuse to budge. We must have drivers' licenses but some dont want to require gun permits. We must actually learn responsible driver safety to be allowed to drive a vehicle, but many gun owners refuse to say they think they should be requires to learn gun safety.

We dont allow certain vehicles on our highways. No one really complains about that. But tell a gun owner he cant have certain types of weapons. See how hypocritical they can be?

Dont take my toys or I'll killya!

(Which is why some people should have their toys taken away).
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Keeping the govt in line...with guns? Empty Re: Keeping the govt in line...with guns?

Post by Dennis324 Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:22 pm

Btw...the truth is, our govt is not going to try to come into your house and take your guns away. It would be too hard...NOT because you might shoot someone, but because the logistics of doing this would be astronomical. If we dont think our govt will kick in doors and round up illegal aliens in this country, what makes us think they could possibly do the same to round up your guns?

Most likely your gun purchases will be grandfathered in. The govt would really only be able to regulate (not stop) gun manufacturing in the future. So calm down gun freaks. Chances are, any legally owned gun you have now, will be in your home as long as you want.

I wouldnt mind the govt mandating that all our guns have gun locks on them though when in storage.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:04 pm

The dialogue that always comes to mind is: 'So you've managed to land a fully automatic rifle with armor piercing rounds? Good for you. The government has tanks, aircrafts, and missiles.'

I once had a polisci teacher who observed that in a developed nation, the only way to win an uprising is to get the military on your side. If the army sides with the people the ruling party will likely be eventually dislodged. If the army sides with the party and is willing to shoot their own people, then game over.
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:51 pm

Bryant wrote:The dialogue that always comes to mind is: 'So you've managed to land a fully automatic rifle with armor piercing rounds? Good for you. The government has tanks, aircrafts, and missiles.'

I once had a polisci teacher who observed that in a developed nation, the only way to win an uprising is to get the military on your side. If the army sides with the people the ruling party will likely be eventually dislodged. If the army sides with the party and is willing to shoot their own people, then game over.

Thank goodness for the US Marines. When asked as recently as 2009 if they would follow orders to disarm or fire upon lawful US citizens, over 95% said they would refuse. Marines are the birth of Oath Keepers and most belong to that organization.

When I was active duty, we had these discussions often. We were taught not to obey unlawful orders. Most of my buddies then felt the same way. We would never do such a thing.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:54 pm

I notice however that derogatory speech such as "freaks" and "nuts" is only coming from one side of the argument. Such is the way it begins. Vilify and minimize those you disagree with. When those you disagree with show spunk and do not let you berate them, just ignore them or ban them so that you no longer have to hear how wrong you really were for doing what you were doing.

Typical.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:06 am

Bryant wrote:The dialogue that always comes to mind is: 'So you've managed to land a fully automatic rifle with armor piercing rounds? Good for you. The government has tanks, aircrafts, and missiles.'

Yep, your Polisci prof was right. Smile Thats the way it was also in ancient Rome.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down