Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

taxes

3 posters

Go down

taxes Empty taxes

Post by Miles1 Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:05 am

Miles1
Miles1

Back to top Go down

taxes Empty Re: taxes

Post by Dennis324 Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:25 pm

We do have lower taxes than most of Europe. We discussed this previously. We also have lower gas prices. Lower food prices, lower phone prices and likely lower utility prices as well.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:00 pm

Miles,
What most people who link up articles like the one in you post do not understand is:

We do not mind paying taxes.

Yep that's right, I do not mind paying taxes at all. What we cannot stand and what we will never be able to stand is the waste/fraud and the hypocrisy at the root of it. We should never be asked to stomach those things.

The Waste/Fraud:
How much of our tax dollars go to this??? How much would our debt be without the waste/fraud. Why should my burden be any higher than it is now if that waste/fraud doesn't stop???

Yet I saw you here a few days ago saying we should just accept the waste/fraud because helping people should take precedence. Of course most fail to understand just who and what that "relief money" was going to and why. Almost 90% of that relief money was waste/fraud and should have never been needed.

Hypocrisy:
Pay our fair share. How much of my hard earned money should I be able to keep for myself??? I really wanna know. How much is my fair share when 47% get to keep 100% of whatever it is they have earned. We say we are helping the poor, but since 47% of the workforce is too poor to have a burden......it seems that whatever we are doing to help the poor isn't working. *And so you don't misunderstand like so many have before; 47% of income tax filers have no income tax burden and income tax is the topic of that article*

If we are to get serious about the debt problem, I wanna see real spending cuts across the board and then and only then will I be happy to pay more in taxes. This includes military and social cuts. OF course tGOP won't let us cut military(even though it is the amount of private gun owners that really keep us safe and not our military) and the Dems won't let us cut fraud out of the social system(they say it is racist, but we all know it is the purchasing of votes and most winds up in the pockets of union bigwigs).

Basically we are fucked and this little article you posted says "hey shutup and just pay whatever government wants you to pay cause they are really looking out for your best interests."
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down