Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tell me which side is the violent side again

3 posters

Go down

Tell me which side is the violent side again Empty Tell me which side is the violent side again

Post by Marconius Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:44 pm

This is a quote from Donald Kaul, the retired anti-gun editor of Des Moines Register:

“I would tie Mitch McConnell and John Boehner, our esteemed Republican leaders, to the back of a Chevy pickup truck and drag them around a parking lot until they saw the light on gun control. And if that didn’t work, I’d adopt radical measures.”

“Declare the NRA a terrorist organization and make membership illegal. Hey! We did it to the Communist Party, and the NRA has led to the deaths of more of us than American Commies ever did. (I would also raze the organization’s headquarters, clear the rubble and salt the earth, but that’s optional.) Make ownership of unlicensed assault rifles a felony. If some people refused to give up their guns, than “prying the guns from their cold, dead hands” thing works for me.”

Then I would tie Mitch McConnell and John Boehner, our esteemed Republican leaders, to the back of a Chevy pickup truck and drag them around a parking lot until they saw the light on gun control.

And if that didn’t work, I’d adopt radical measures.

All I have to say is:
If that is really the way you feel, please do not be a coward. I would like you to be the one to come and take my firearms. You will leave anywhere from 123-2460 grains heavier than you arrived(the weight of a 7.62X39 is 123 grains). It is my my natural right to protect myself from people like you.

He also said this about the 2A:

Repeal the Second Amendment, the part about guns anyway. It’s badly written, confusing and more trouble than it’s worth. It offers an absolute right to gun ownership, but it puts it in the context of the need for a “well-regulated militia.” We don’t make our militia bring their own guns to battles. And surely the Founders couldn’t have envisioned weapons like those used in the Newtown shooting when they guaranteed gun rights. Owning a gun should be a privilege, not a right.

Really?!?!? So it is badly written?!?!? It is written in exactly the same as the rest of the Bill of Rights. I guess we can get rid of the rest as well since they must be "badly written". He doesn't even know the definition of militia, as used at the time of the framing of the Bill of Rights. The militia is the general populace.

This man is an idiot.

Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Tell me which side is the violent side again Empty Re: Tell me which side is the violent side again

Post by Miles1 Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:30 am

Well, you have unhinged inflammatory rhetoric coming from both sides, no?

Tactical Response CEO Threatens To 'Start Killing People' Over Possible Obama Gun Measure

(and yes this is the huff post and no that isn't what you'd call an unbiased and impartial website, but watch the video, did the guy say it or didn't he?)

And on the militia thing, the original definition was:

"That each and every free able-bodied white male citizen of the respective States, resident therein, who is or shall be of age of eighteen years, and under the age of forty-five years (except as is herein after excepted) shall severally and respectively be enrolled in the militia"

So, if you want to hark back to the original wording, anyone under 18 and over 45, and all women, should hand over their guns..... :-P
Miles1
Miles1

Back to top Go down

Tell me which side is the violent side again Empty Re: Tell me which side is the violent side again

Post by Marconius Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:26 pm

Miles1 wrote:Well, you have unhinged inflammatory rhetoric coming from both sides, no?

Tactical Response CEO Threatens To 'Start Killing People' Over Possible Obama Gun Measure

(and yes this is the huff post and no that isn't what you'd call an unbiased and impartial website, but watch the video, did the guy say it or didn't he?)

And on the militia thing, the original definition was:

"That each and every free able-bodied white male citizen of the respective States, resident therein, who is or shall be of age of eighteen years, and under the age of forty-five years (except as is herein after excepted) shall severally and respectively be enrolled in the militia"

So, if you want to hark back to the original wording, anyone under 18 and over 45, and all women, should hand over their guns..... :-P

Not the same though is it. One is calling for proactive violence and death(the editor of the newspaper) and one was calling for defensive violence and death (James Yeager). Defensive violence is always, always justified while proactive violence is considered murder. So the anti-gun crowd is calling for murder and the pro-gun crowd is calling for defense of self..............BIG, BIG difference.

Yes Miles, I am one of those who will defend my natural rights with lethal force. I took an oath once upon a time. That oath is for life and that oath wasn't to the government, it was to a document.

I know you are in Ireland and I know this is as foreign as the surface of Mars to you, but make no mistake........most of the US military is pro-gun, most of our local law enforcement is pro-gun, over half of the population is pro-gun, we have over 300 million guns in the hands of private citizens...............if the government tries to take them........it is going to get very bloody.

As far as the age limits to the militia, I could find none when referencing the intent of those who wrote the Bill of Rights. Every single thing I found was that they considered every citizen a part of the militia.

http://www.sightm1911.com/lib/rkba/ff_militia.htm

Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:27 am

Marconius wrote:This is a quote from Donald Kaul, the retired anti-gun editor of Des Moines Register:

“I would tie Mitch McConnell and John Boehner, our esteemed Republican leaders, to the back of a Chevy pickup truck and drag them around a parking lot until they saw the light on gun control. And if that didn’t work, I’d adopt radical measures.”

“Declare the NRA a terrorist organization and make membership illegal. Hey! We did it to the Communist Party, and the NRA has led to the deaths of more of us than American Commies ever did. (I would also raze the organization’s headquarters, clear the rubble and salt the earth, but that’s optional.) Make ownership of unlicensed assault rifles a felony. If some people refused to give up their guns, than “prying the guns from their cold, dead hands” thing works for me.”

Then I would tie Mitch McConnell and John Boehner, our esteemed Republican leaders, to the back of a Chevy pickup truck and drag them around a parking lot until they saw the light on gun control.

And if that didn’t work, I’d adopt radical measures.

All I have to say is:
If that is really the way you feel, please do not be a coward. I would like you to be the one to come and take my firearms. You will leave anywhere from 123-2460 grains heavier than you arrived(the weight of a 7.62X39 is 123 grains). It is my my natural right to protect myself from people like you.

He also said this about the 2A:

Repeal the Second Amendment, the part about guns anyway. It’s badly written, confusing and more trouble than it’s worth. It offers an absolute right to gun ownership, but it puts it in the context of the need for a “well-regulated militia.” We don’t make our militia bring their own guns to battles. And surely the Founders couldn’t have envisioned weapons like those used in the Newtown shooting when they guaranteed gun rights. Owning a gun should be a privilege, not a right.

Really?!?!? So it is badly written?!?!? It is written in exactly the same as the rest of the Bill of Rights. I guess we can get rid of the rest as well since they must be "badly written". He doesn't even know the definition of militia, as used at the time of the framing of the Bill of Rights. The militia is the general populace.

This man is an idiot.

1) The second amendment is written rather ambiguously. The section is prefaced by the necessity of having well regulated militias, then dives into owning guns.

2) I don't want your guns. From your posts it sounds like you're a responsible firearm owner. I want idiots' and nut bags' guns. Idiots use guns to vandalize (it seems like most of our signs on the Forest are shot, there are spent shells everywhere, we've had windows shot out of some of our historic buildings, and we've had some of our scientific equipment shot us, just so some Bubba-Joe could get his jollies off) and nut-bags use them to kill.

3) No reasonable person would ever argue that there aren't neanderthals on either side of the political spectrum.
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:12 pm

I came across this about a month or so ago. This is associated with a piece of equipment that UC Merced deployed as part of a grant with the USDA Forest Service. The piece of equipment once measured the height of the water passing through a weir (in this case a culvert of known dimensions) and is located in the middle of an official campground. Anyone want to guess how much replacing this is going to cost (and those are your tax dollars at work)? And no, this isn't an isolated incident.

Tell me which side is the violent side again Img_0310
Tell me which side is the violent side again Img_0311
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:00 pm

I see vandalism of oilfield equipment all the time. Much the same style. Usually it is kids(by kids I mean 18-25).

Of course in Cali, it isn't by firearms and it is done by the "green energy" crowd and is much more common and widespread(we know it is the green energy crowd cause they leave calling cards).
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:22 pm

Marconius wrote:I see vandalism of oilfield equipment all the time. Much the same style. Usually it is kids(by kids I mean 18-25).

Of course in Cali, it isn't by firearms and it is done by the "green energy" crowd and is much more common and widespread(we know it is the green energy crowd cause they leave calling cards).

I could only imagine! At least the ELF has left you guys alone (although I do enjoy the irony of burning objects full of nasty chemicals to protest the selling of cars with terrible emissions).
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down