Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Climbing Earth's Second-Largest Tree

3 posters

Go down

Climbing Earth's Second-Largest Tree Empty Climbing Earth's Second-Largest Tree

Post by Bryant Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:56 am

Have any of you ever seen a Giant Sequoia? Groves of these monstrous trees are found scattered across the southern half of California's Sierra Nevada mountains. While they may not grow to be as tall as some of their coastal cousins, they're still incredibly imposing trees!
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Climbing Earth's Second-Largest Tree Empty Re: Climbing Earth's Second-Largest Tree

Post by Bryant Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:59 am

Since we're on the topic, here is a shot of the Nations Christmas Tree (as initially proclaimed by President Coolidge):

Climbing Earth's Second-Largest Tree Granttree

Image shamelessly lifted from Google Images. I'll have to dig up one of my pictures one of these days.
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Climbing Earth's Second-Largest Tree Empty Re: Climbing Earth's Second-Largest Tree

Post by Dennis324 Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:10 pm

I've never seen them in person though my parents took a trip out west and saw em. Or maybe it was the redwoods, I forget.

I wonder why the trees out there are so much larger than trees elsewhere. Is it some sort of throwback to the prehistoric era? Were most trees back then like these?

They are beautiful though.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:43 am

Just think, once CA fully implements UN Agenda 21, you will never, ever be able to look upon one of those trees again.

http://stewardsofthesequoia.org/Wildlands_Project.html
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:46 pm

Stewards of the Sequoia are full of shit. I have no use for idiot user groups that oppose any form of travel management (as to contrast with groups like the California Off-Road Vehicle Association or the Blue Ribbon Coalition that take a much more balanced approach). No one (with a sound mind any say in the matter at least) is proposing what they're ranting about, they're just using this to scare people into opposing land management practices that would limit where they can take their OHVs.

For the record, I'm the proud owner of a modified Jeep and a Yamaha TTR-250 dirt bike. I'm not anti-OHV, but rather oppose irresponsible use of OHV's that can lead to severe resource damage.
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:55 pm

Seriously Bryant, if you think Agenda 21 is a conspiracy theory, you need to do a little research on it. I have no idea who the Stewards of the Sequoia are. I never even heard of them before I linked the site. I do however know that map of proposed land management is true and is a goal of the Agenda 21 project.

You should see the proposed map of Louisiana.

Cali has far and away the most "test beds" of this project. It is fake. There have been 2 Executive orders dealing with and implementing it so far. If I wasn't on my phone right now, I'd like you to the actual UN sites.

Read about it. Please read about it.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down