Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Petraeus resigns as CIA director, cites 'extramarital affair'

4 posters

Go down

Petraeus resigns as CIA director, cites 'extramarital affair' Empty Petraeus resigns as CIA director, cites 'extramarital affair'

Post by Dennis324 Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:36 pm

CIA Director David Petraeus submitted his letter of resignation Friday, after admitting to an extramarital affair.

Hmmm...wonder how much this is because of his affair, or the botched Libyan thing?
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Petraeus resigns as CIA director, cites 'extramarital affair' Empty Re: Petraeus resigns as CIA director, cites 'extramarital affair'

Post by Bryant Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:02 am

Its a shame to have such a prominent leader's career end in disgrace.
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Petraeus resigns as CIA director, cites 'extramarital affair' Empty Re: Petraeus resigns as CIA director, cites 'extramarital affair'

Post by Miles1 Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:33 pm

Bryant wrote:Its a shame to have such a prominent leader's career end in disgrace.

Yeah, if this was in France or Italy, he'd probably get a behind-the-scenes pat on the back, a quiet enquiry as to how good a lay she was, and a promotion..... Razz
Miles1
Miles1

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:20 pm

Yeah because what we really need, now that the election is over, is another reason for the media to ignore the presidential fuckup and lies about what happened in Libya.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:04 pm

I suspect that has a lot to do with it. I think its tied to it as well.

I dont feel sorry for this General because apparently he was cheating on his wife. What comes around, goes around. However, it does make me wonder if he was the one who declined to send help to the Ambassador when they were attacked. Or was it James (egghead) Clapper? He's the Director of National Intelligence which is ironic as all get out. (Re: his December 20, 2010 with Diane Sawyer of ABC News).

Or was it someone down the line who declined to send aid to the Ambassador? I dont think this is the case because if it were, they probably would have already trotted out the person as a scapegoat.

I didnt get to watch the news today but I have some of it recorded, so I'll watch it later tonight. But from what little I have heard, there were hearings. Clapper and acting CIA Director Mike Morell gave testamony behind closed doors today and there were some heated exchanges over the talking poimts the Administration used in the days after the Sept 11th attacks. Neither apparantly knew who ordered those talking points (it was because of the video) were used. And they could not explain why they minimized the role of Al Qaeda as well as the militant Ansar al-Sharia despite evidence of their involvement.

(Keep in mind that we likley have been caught running guns to the Syrian Rebels through Turkey despite our official stance).

Another thing that just aggrevates me is that Democrats have accused Republicans of turning a tragedy into a "political football".

In other words...you GOPers are only mad about the election and are trying to make the President look bad. (Never mind about the dead in Bengazi). Rolling Eyes

Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:34 pm

We now know more about the Petraeus affair in 2 days than we know about Bengazi in 3 months or Fast and Furious in 2 years!

One thing you can say about this administration....it is extremely effective in covering up scandal.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down