Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Diplomat killed in Libya sent chilling message to fellow gamers before death

3 posters

Go down

Diplomat killed in Libya sent chilling message to fellow gamers before death Empty Diplomat killed in Libya sent chilling message to fellow gamers before death

Post by Dennis324 Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:24 pm

One of the American diplomats killed Tuesday in a bloody attack on a Libyan Consulate told pals in an online gaming forum hours earlier that he'd seen suspicious people taking pictures outside his compound and wondered if he and his team might "die tonight."

Sean Smith, a foreign service information management officer assigned to the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, was well known in the online gaming forum EVE Online, where he went by the name "vilerat," and was seen as a leader by his fellow gamers. Smith was killed along with three others, including U.S. Ambassador to Libya J. Christopher Stevens, when the consulate was attacked by an angry mob.

But hours before the bloody assault, Smith sent a message to Alex Gianturco, the director of "Goonswarm," Smith's online gaming team or "guild."

“Assuming we don’t die tonight,” the message, which was first reported by Wired, read. “We saw one of our ‘police’ that guard the compound taking pictures.
Link

One of the police taking pictures???? Is this evidence that the people supposedly guarding the consulate were involved?
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Diplomat killed in Libya sent chilling message to fellow gamers before death Empty Re: Diplomat killed in Libya sent chilling message to fellow gamers before death

Post by Douglas J. Shireman Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:06 pm

The film is pretty offensive I have to say but I swear those people look for any excuse to bring havoc on anything western related. Yeah that guy was a gamer so my fellow nerds are talking about it. If he had belonged to a bigger game like world of warcraft then it would be really big news in the gaming community since it is the largest MMO.

Douglas J. Shireman

Back to top Go down

Diplomat killed in Libya sent chilling message to fellow gamers before death Empty Re: Diplomat killed in Libya sent chilling message to fellow gamers before death

Post by Dennis324 Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:34 pm

Yep, I've heard Warcraft is massive. Smile

I havent seen the film but its probably awful. I think that probably 98% of the roiters are illiterate, cant read and are going by what someone has told them. The fact that they dont really need much convincing is evidence to me that these people are racist, hateful bastards. I'm not sure if you saw the NY Post article I posted that indicates how our so-called friends and allies over there refuse to even go into the same bathrooms as our troops because we are infidels. Americans are seen as filth by them.

I still think this was an inside job. I think I heard a report today that the security for the compound was not US military but rather a private security firm who relied heavily on Libyans.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:54 pm

A Benghazi power, Libya militia eyed in attack

BENGHAZI, Libya (AP) — Suspicion in last week's attack that killed the U.S. ambassador to Libya and three other Americans has focused on members of a hardcore Islamist militia known for its sympathies to al-Qaida, its fierce animosity to the U.S. and its intimidation of other Muslims who don't conform to its harsh ideology.

That doesn't mean Libyan authorities will move against Ansar al-Shariah soon. The group is among the most powerful of the many, heavily armed militias that the government relies on to keep security in Benghazi.

In fact, it guards one of Benghazi's main hospitals.

Hmmm...didnt initial reports say that Ambassador Chris Stevens was actually taken to a local hospital after the attack? And if this group is used as security at Benghazi hospital....um....see where I'm going with this
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:10 am

Well I saw the President lie about it on Letterman tonight.

I swear, like I told my wife tonight while watching, I cannot find one manly quality in our current President.....and I have tried. He is a habitual liar, he never takes the blame for his actions, and he can't even make simple desicions without someone's advice. I'd say President Obama is a wuss and not a good role model for boys wanting to become good men.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:40 pm

I didnt see it. What did he talk about?
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:39 am

Dennis324 wrote:I didnt see it. What did he talk about?

He once again said it was all about the Youtube vid and wasn't preplanned and had basically had nothing to do with terrorists.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:54 am

And today they have reversed course and now say it was obviously preplanned.
“It is self-evident that what happened in Benghazi was a terrorist attack,” the White House press secretary, Jay Carney.
Carney even used the 'T-word' rather than 'man-caused disaster'.

But on the 19th Carney had said the attack had not been preplanned. Go figure.

I guess when the media is laughing at you in disbelief and the Libyans themselves point out that this was a preplanned terrorist attack..and email from the victims seem to point to likely preplanned terrorist act, there's no use going on with the charade.

My question is...why were they so adamant earlier that it was not preplanned?
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down