Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ex-prosecutor claims O.J. Simpson attorney tampered with glove

Go down

Ex-prosecutor claims O.J. Simpson attorney tampered with glove Empty Ex-prosecutor claims O.J. Simpson attorney tampered with glove

Post by Dennis324 Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:06 pm

Nearly 17 years after O.J. Simpson walked away from his Los Angeles murder trial a free man, a prosecutor at the center of the case has alleged that the lead defense lawyer tampered with a crucial piece of evidence.

Former Los Angeles deputy district attorney Christopher Darden on Thursday accused Simpson's defense lawyer, the late Johnnie Cochran, of "manipulating" one of the infamous gloves that the prosecution said linked Simpson to the grisly double murder of his former wife Nicole Brown Simpson and her friend Ronald Goldman.

On Thursday, during a panel discussion about the trial at Pace Law School in New York City, Darden, a member of the prosecution team, declared: "I think Johnnie tore the lining. There were some additional tears in the lining so that O.J.'s fingers couldn't go all the way up into the glove."

Darden said in a follow-up interview on Friday that he noticed that when Simpson was trying on a glove for the jury its structure appeared to have changed. "A bailiff told me the defense had it during the lunch hour." He said he wasn't specifically accusing anyone, adding: "It's been my suspicion for a long time that the lining has been manipulated."

(Reuters)

Now its making sense. Too bad nothing can be done about it now.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down