Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Colorado shooting

4 posters

Go down

Colorado shooting Empty Colorado shooting

Post by Miles1 Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:58 am

Anyone else think it's a bit sick the way pundits on both the left and the right seemed to be trying to use the shootings at the cinema in Colorado as political fodder almost before the cops had even cleared the people out of the building?
Miles1
Miles1

Back to top Go down

Colorado shooting Empty Re: Colorado shooting

Post by Bryant Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:00 pm

Yeah, American politics is a disgusting thing. One republican congressman even went as far as to blame the killings on American secularists.
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:21 am

Other stupid examples:

Within hours of the shooting, ABC News' Brian Ross rushed to report that a man with the same name as the suspect, living in the same town, was listed as a member of the Colorado Tea Party. The implication was that "the shooter could just be a radical Tea Partier," . Of course, he was wrong.

Some Twitter users are speculating that the Aurora, Colo., shooter was inspired by comments made by Rush Limbaugh. On Tuesday July 17, Limbaugh said on his radio show that the name of the villain in the movie(Bane) is a thinly-veiled dig at Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney. Limbaughs suggestion only shows that he is not a comic book fan and doesnt know tht Bane has been aroun d and was a major villain for years. But it doesnt mean that the shooter was even aware of Limbaugh's comments or even bothered to listen to the show. That didnt stop liberals though.

Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles1 Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:35 am

Dennis324 wrote:
Some Twitter users are speculating that the Aurora, Colo., shooter was inspired by comments made by Rush Limbaugh. On Tuesday July 17, Limbaugh said on his radio show that the name of the villain in the movie(Bane) is a thinly-veiled dig at Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney. Limbaughs suggestion only shows that he is not a comic book fan and doesnt know tht Bane has been aroun d and was a major villain for years. But it doesnt mean that the shooter was even aware of Limbaugh's comments or even bothered to listen to the show. That didnt stop liberals though.

Well, this is ass-hattery on both sides, Limbaugh was an ass-hat for saying that in the first place, and whoever is saying that is the cause is an ass-hat as well - that guy didn't decide "gosh, Rush is right, I'd better lock & load and go kill me some liberals", he was plenty crazy without that and would have done it regardless.

Miles1
Miles1

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles1 Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:17 pm

Miles1
Miles1

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:09 am

Dennis324 wrote:Other stupid examples:

Within hours of the shooting, ABC News' Brian Ross rushed to report that a man with the same name as the suspect, living in the same town, was listed as a member of the Colorado Tea Party. The implication was that "the shooter could just be a radical Tea Partier," . Of course, he was wrong.

Jon Stewart devoted about a third of his show tonight to criticizing Mr. Ross's statement.
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:36 am

Yeah, i kinda doubt that guy ever listened to Rush Limbaugh anyway.

Did you guy7s see the shooter at the inquest the other day? Dyed orange hair, wild eyes, and acting all out-of-it for the court cameras. I'm not buying any insanity plea thing though. Anyone who was clear headed enough to try to gas his victims prior to shooting up the audience in a dark thater and booby trap him apartment and try to lure people there by playing loud music is clear headed enough to stand trial imo.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:47 am

Dennis324 wrote:Yeah, i kinda doubt that guy ever listened to Rush Limbaugh anyway.

Did you guy7s see the shooter at the inquest the other day? Dyed orange hair, wild eyes, and acting all out-of-it for the court cameras. I'm not buying any insanity plea thing though. Anyone who was clear headed enough to try to gas his victims prior to shooting up the audience in a dark thater and booby trap him apartment and try to lure people there by playing loud music is clear headed enough to stand trial imo.

Premeditation does denote forethought, but not necessarily sanity, but I would hate to see the insanity plea for this all-the-same.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:59 pm

Funny thing a bout insanity...clearly anyone who would go shoot up a theater is insane. But can he stand trial? Does he know he did wrong?

From what I have heard it is very hard to prove a person didnt realize what he did was wrong. I expect this guy will stand trial and I think they have the death penalty in Colorado.

I'm of 2 minds regarding the death penalty. I didnt want to serv e on a murder trial one time because even though I knew the guy was guilty, (or at least I believed the victim, a local girl I knew well), thee was always that nagging bit in the back of my mind of "what if I'm wrong"?

And I personally believe in sin and I didnt want to do anything that might take the life of someone who might possibly be innocent even though the chance was miniscule. I'd be eaten up with guilt for the rest of my life.

But then there are the cases of child rapists and kidnappers. I remember a case a few years ago in Florida....a 9 yr old little girl was kidnapped, repeatedly raped and buried alive with her teddy bear! Beautiful little child tortured by that sick monster!

Yeah, i could kill that b@stard.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down