Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whites-Only Christian Conference ??

4 posters

Go down

Whites-Only Christian Conference ?? Empty Whites-Only Christian Conference ??

Post by Miles1 Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:46 am

Pastor's conference for 'White Christians' underway

Whites-Only Christian Conference ?? 18954616_BG1

LAMAR COUNTY, AL (WAFF) -A controversial pastor's conference for "white Christians" is underway in Lamar County.

The group said critics need to allow them to exercise their freedom of religion.

WAFF 48 News went there to ask if they believe their views match what the Bible says.

"The mayor ordered our fliers to be taken down. When did they start religious censorship?" asked Reverend Mel Lewis of Christian Identity Ministries.

Among the Ku Klux Klan flags and white supremacy slogans, a small group of so-called "white Christians" contend they have been treated unfairly - that they have the right, like any other American, to worship how they wish.

"We are not breaking any laws. We're not violating any ordinances. We're bringing the Word of God to people who want it, obviously, or they wouldn't be here," said Lewis.

When asked who white Christians are, Lewis said that "they are part of the chosen race."

Lewis is the founder of Christian Identity Ministries.

We wanted to know if he thought Bible verses that communicate equality contradict an exclusive ideal shared amongst their ministry, that the white race comprises God's chosen ones.

"Well, you've picked out some wonderful verses out of context and out of the direction of Scripture," Lewis said when faced with the question of whether certain Scriptures include everyone - all races.

"All you're doing is making a mockery of God's Word," said Lewis. "You're absolutely abusing the Scripture."

For the last event at this conference on Friday night, they will set a cross on fire. They said it's not a cross-burning, but rather sacred Christian cross lighting.

As with all the other events here, it is open to all white Christians.

Organizers said although there is a strong KKK presence, the Klan did not sponsor the event.

This guy has an interesting take on "making a mockery of God's Word" and "abusing the Scripture." - reckon him and the Westboro Baptist Church would get along just fine....
Miles1
Miles1

Back to top Go down

Whites-Only Christian Conference ?? Empty Re: Whites-Only Christian Conference ??

Post by Bryant Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:26 am

I thought Jehovah's chosen race were middle eastern?

On a more serious note the Bible does preach exclusion of other races and even genocide (Deuteronomy 7:1-2; 20:16;Exodus 11-12; Judges 20), however these folks fail to grasp that they would be on the wrong side of Yahweh's wrath.
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Whites-Only Christian Conference ?? Empty Re: Whites-Only Christian Conference ??

Post by Marconius Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:13 pm

Idiots

That's all I can say about that.

You know, I've lived my whole life down south and I have never personally met any members of the KKK. Of course chances are I have and they just knew better than to tell me or recruit me.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles1 Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:06 am

Bryant wrote:I thought Jehovah's chosen race were middle eastern?

Yeah, they were. I blame the italians for all that whites-only crap. They started painting Jesus as a blonde blue-eyed white boy back in the Renaissance, and everyone else has followed suit since.
Miles1
Miles1

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:33 am

On a more serious note the Bible does preach exclusion of other races and even genocide (Deuteronomy 7:1-2; 20:16;Exodus 11-12; Judges 20), however these folks fail to grasp that they would be on the wrong side of Yahweh's wrath.

Allright. You just remember this when I start ragging on athiests.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:45 am

Miles1 wrote:

Yeah, they were. I blame the italians for all that whites-only crap. They started painting Jesus as a blonde blue-eyed white boy back in the Renaissance, and everyone else has followed suit since.
Lol!

A little off-topic, but yesterday I watched a few travel channel shows about Ireland. It highlighted the pubs, the music, the countryside and...the cities. It showed a scene where there were tons of people on the city streets, shopping, going to work, whatever.

All I could think was "sho is a whole lotta white folks there".

Do you guys not have black folks in Ireland? Or were they run out along with the snakes?

lol!
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles1 Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:57 am

Dennis324 wrote:
A little off-topic, but yesterday I watched a few travel channel shows about Ireland. It highlighted the pubs, the music, the countryside and...the cities. It showed a scene where there were tons of people on the city streets, shopping, going to work, whatever.

All I could think was "sho is a whole lotta white folks there".

Do you guys not have black folks in Ireland? Or were they run out along with the snakes?

lol!

Nope, we don't really, at least not compared to most other places. According to the latest census, at the moment ireland is around 95% white, with the black and asian population being around even on 1.1-1.3% (the rest were "mixed" or "unspecified" on the census, before ye go nit-picking my math). That's a lot less than most european countries (never mind the US) for a few reasons: one is that the non-white population of most European countries is people immigrating from colonies or ex-colonies, and Ireland never had any colonies (up until the 1920s we were the colony). Another reason is normally people move to a country to get jobs, and Ireland was an economic basket-case from the famine right up to the mid-to-late 1990s: people weren't moving here, people were leaving here in droves.

Pretty much most of the black people in Ireland have only come here in the last 20 years, and a lot of those (if not most) would have come as asylum seekers from Nigeria, Ivory Coast etc as Ireland is seen to be a "soft touch" thanks to our laws on asylum seekers/social welfare. One of our laws up until recently (well, 2010) was that any child born in ireland automatically became a citizen no matter how long their parents had been here - and if the child is irish then you can't obviously deport the parents. There were apocryphal stories going around of Nigerian women landing in Dublin Airport, asking the taxi driver to take them to the nearest maternity hospital, and giving birth a few hours later, but it was a fact that between 2000 and 2009 over a quarter of births per year in our hospitals were to what is euphemistically termed "non-national" mothers. As a result, it's a sad fact that ireland can be a fairly racist place, as many africans that are here are seen as welfare spongers who just came here to take advantage of us - plus there's the fact that anyone older than my generation (especially my parent's generation) probably only ever saw "de black fellahs" on TV and never had to deal with them in person. We wouldn't be as bad as some parts of eastern europe where non-whites generally don't go out in the evenings in the big cities for fear of being beaten up or worse, but there'd still be a lot of "casual" racism around.
Miles1
Miles1

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:18 am

Lol! Im the last person to go nit picking someone's math. My math skills are sooo....so poor. Smile
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:20 am

Marconius wrote:Idiots

That's all I can say about that.

You know, I've lived my whole life down south and I have never personally met any members of the KKK. Of course chances are I have and they just knew better than to tell me or recruit me.
Me either. But I already toldja about my grandpa being in the Klan didnt I?
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down