Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

medicine v religion

3 posters

Go down

medicine v religion Empty medicine v religion

Post by Miles1 Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:05 am

medicine v religion Funny-science-vs-religion-comic

On a more serious note, what do ppl think of the idea of the people who refuse medical care for themselves/their children because of their religious beliefs even in life-threatening situations? If someone is refusing treatment for themselves, on their own head be it, but what about say the situation where a parent say refuses to allow a blood transfusion for their kid even though the kid will probably die without it (there was some court cases over this a few years back wasn't there?) Do the parents have that right, morally if not legally?
Miles1
Miles1

Back to top Go down

medicine v religion Empty Re: medicine v religion

Post by Marconius Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:29 am

This is actually a tough one. I believe it is the child's right and not that of the parent.

See I kinda put this in the same category as abortion. It seems that we get caught up in only the rights of the parent and do not consider that rights of the yet to be born child.

Funny thing is: Those that usually oppose abortion, do so on the grounds of the child's right to life. Those that are pro-abortion do so on the grounds of the parent's reproductive rights.

Both sides do a 180 on this topic.

Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:05 pm

Marconius wrote:This is actually a tough one. I believe it is the child's right and not that of the parent.

See I kinda put this in the same category as abortion. It seems that we get caught up in only the rights of the parent and do not consider that rights of the yet to be born child.

Funny thing is: Those that usually oppose abortion, do so on the grounds of the child's right to life. Those that are pro-abortion do so on the grounds of the parent's reproductive rights.

Both sides do a 180 on this topic.

What he said.
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down