Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Panetta defends drone strikes in Pakistan

3 posters

Go down

Panetta defends drone strikes in Pakistan Empty Panetta defends drone strikes in Pakistan

Post by Marconius Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:58 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-18343142

Where is the public outrage for this??? What would the media say if it were someone of a different party doing this???

I thought Obama was supposed to fix our foreign relations. Is there just one world leader he hasn't offended/pissed off.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Panetta defends drone strikes in Pakistan Empty Re: Panetta defends drone strikes in Pakistan

Post by Dennis324 Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:44 pm

I have mixed feelings about this. While I dislike violating another nation's sovereignty, especially an ally, its become incresingly clear that Pakistan is not our ally and has, in fact, tried to protect those who did us great harm.

I consider them an enemy. Perhaps Obama does too.

Bush said "either you are with us, or against us". That angered many others around the world. But Obama is implimenting the same type of diplomacy. Either youare with us or againt us. Yet few complain. Wonder why? Oh wait...because its Obama???? See how that works.

I dont care for Obama for a variety of reasons. But I have to admit, he's killed a helluva lot of our enemies and done so in a better way (imo) than Bush did. Obama is one stone-cold killer of terrorists and I'll give him a pat on the back for that. Too bad he's screwed up most everything else.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Panetta defends drone strikes in Pakistan Empty Re: Panetta defends drone strikes in Pakistan

Post by Marconius Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:03 am

Including the allowance of his favorite weapon, drones, to be used on US soil.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:20 am

Thats a good subject of discussion. What do you guys think about the Feds using drones here for survelliance?
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:35 am

If you think it is just for surveillance, you have missed a lot. Several police departments have made the request to have them outfitted with crowd control weapons.

No way, shape, or form is this the right thing to do.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:44 am

Marconius wrote:If you think it is just for surveillance, you have missed a lot. Several police departments have made the request to have them outfitted with crowd control weapons.

No way, shape, or form is this the right thing to do.

I've only heard rumors about them being used over non-border regions of the US. If police want them for crowd control purposes then it sounds like these decisions are being made at the state level. Either way, not good.
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down