Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ted Nuget "I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year" if President Obama is re-elected

3 posters

Go down

Ted Nuget "I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year" if President Obama is re-elected Empty Ted Nuget "I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year" if President Obama is re-elected

Post by Bryant Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:48 pm

Ted Nugent Stands Firm, Secret Service To Look Into His Words About Obama

by Mark Memmott
NPR News

For telling National Rifle Association members over the weekend that "I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year" if President Obama is re-elected, rocker Ted Nugent has now attracted the attention of the Secret Service.

"We are aware of the incident, and we are conducting appropriate follow-up," Secret Service spokesman Brian Leary says.

Nugent, who is known for his conservative views, love of guns and for saying things about liberals that many find offensive, isn't backing down.

"I will stand by my speech," he said on the Dana Loesch radio show Tuesday. "It was 100 percent positive. It's about 'we the people' taking back our American dream from the corrupt monsters in the federal government under this administration and the communist czars [Obama has] appointed."

"I've never in my life threatened anyone's life," he added.

Judge for yourself. The NRA has posted video of Nugent's appearance. Fast forward to about the 5:00 mark if you want to focus on the "dead or in jail" comment.

During the 2008 presidential campaign, Nugent infamously and profanely expressed his opinion of Obama and Hillary Rodham Clinton.

His latest comment prompted Democratic National Committee Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz to refer to Nugent as a "Romney surrogate" — the rocker has endorsed presumptive GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney.

Andrea Saul, a spokeswoman for the Romney campaign issued a statement Tuesday saying that "divisive language is offensive no matter what side of the political aisle it comes from. Mitt Romney believes everyone needs to be civil."

So we can now add Nugent's "dead or in jail" remark to the expanding list of campaign controversies, which last week saw the addition of Democratic consultant Hilary Rosen's comment that Ann Romney has "never worked a day in her life."
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Ted Nuget "I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year" if President Obama is re-elected Empty Re: Ted Nuget "I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year" if President Obama is re-elected

Post by Marconius Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:40 pm

I call BS on this. The author is grasping at straws (typical NPR) and trying to make this sound like a threat. It isn't. It is a statement similar to "they can take my guns when they pry them from my cold, dead hands". It means that he would rather die or go to jail rather than give up his firearms.

Contrary to what mainstream is telling you, Obama is very anti-gun. He has said so on numerous occasions. He told Mrs. Brady that he was working on getting all guns off the street, but he had to "work around the voters". Funny we had Fast and Furious not long after (and he tried using it to start anti-gun bills right before it blew up).

Now he is using the UN's small arms treaty to try to take away all guns from the citizenry. As he proved with his comments to SCOTUS recently, he has either no clue about constitutional law or has no need for it. Next term will see him appoint 2 more justices. This will give him a favorable vote. Therefore he can use this to say that treaties with foreign entities do in fact trump US Constitution (just like he did when he decided UN treaty was good enough for military action against Lybia). Goodbye 2nd Amendment ensurances.

It scares me to think that many people in this country believe treaties such as that trump US Constitution.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Ted Nuget "I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year" if President Obama is re-elected Empty Re: Ted Nuget "I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year" if President Obama is re-elected

Post by Dennis324 Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:32 am

Bryant wrote:
His latest comment prompted Democratic National Committee Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz to refer to Nugent as a "Romney surrogate" — the rocker has endorsed presumptive GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney.

And of course she's the epitome of objectivity...right? Lol!

Seriously though, Nuge's remarks kind of remind me of all those celebs who swore to leave the US if Bush got re-elected. And we see what happened there.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down