Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City orders: Remove 'God bless America' yard signs

2 posters

Go down

City orders: Remove 'God bless America' yard signs Empty City orders: Remove 'God bless America' yard signs

Post by Dennis324 Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:26 am

(Fox News) Residents of a Florida city who have had “God Bless America” signs posted on their front lawns for months have been ordered by local officials to remove them.

MyFoxTampaBay.com reports that the First Baptist Church of Bartow distributed some 300 signs to residents following a Fourth of July celebration. The city only permits residents to display signs during major holidays is starting to crack down on the displays.

“Being a veteran, I felt like I was just kicked in the gut. I couldn’t believe it, that I couldn’t display my love for my nation by putting a sign up that says “God Bless America,” Bartow resident Marcus Seger told the station.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/10/city-orders-remove-god-bless-america-yard-signs/#Ar85SAlfA3kZlJ1A.99
This is a city ordinance and it's unfortunately legal.  You know what ya do if you don't like this?  Vote dem bums out.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

City orders: Remove 'God bless America' yard signs Empty Re: City orders: Remove 'God bless America' yard signs

Post by Sir Pun Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:09 am

More signs of the passing of our free republic.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

City orders: Remove 'God bless America' yard signs Empty Re: City orders: Remove 'God bless America' yard signs

Post by Sir Pun Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:10 am

History just keeps on repeating.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:01 am

That's kinda like these home-owners associations telling people in the neighborhood what they can and cannot do on their own land.  Its why I live on my own farm in the country.  No one to tell me I cant fly an American flag or put up a sign in my yard or whatever.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:39 pm

Why we specifically looked for places not under an HOA.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down