Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boise

4 posters

Go down

Boise Empty Boise

Post by Bryant Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:23 pm

Anyone see Boise get crushed by Washington? Wife and I were in Seattle on Saturday and were surprised to see Boise fans everywhere. I neither like nor dislike the Huskies, but I do love watching Boise loose.
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Boise Empty Re: Boise

Post by Marconius Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:34 am

I didn't see it, but it didn't surprise me. Sark has been quietly building a damn good team up there.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:36 pm

Bryant wrote:Anyone see Boise get crushed by Washington?  Wife and I were in Seattle on Saturday and were surprised to see Boise fans everywhere.  I neither like nor dislike the Huskies, but I do love watching Boise loose.
I know Bryant, I don't like Boise either.  Glad they got beat.  But I missed that game.  I also missed the Fresno State game and I really wanted to see it.  Heard it was a good one.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:54 am

I dont mind boise state, just hate the smurf turf

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:16 am

I don't like that turf either.  But the main reason I don't like em is because of all the manufactured controversy they were involved in over the BCSNC.  A couple of teams would be selected to play for the NC and without fail, here comes Boise (or Utah, etc) crying about it.  They thought they deserved to be in the BCSNC because they were unbeaten.  But their schedule strength was practically nothing!  And usually any ranked team they played was way down in the rankings. 

They claimed we didn't respect them, but in fact, they didn't respect those of us who went through a grueling schedule to get the opportunity to play.  This happened to LSU, Bama, Florida, USC, Ohio State...happened nearly every time.  Buncha crybabies.

Utah used to do that too.  They beat Bama in a bowl early on in Saban's term as Bama's coach.  But Bama wasn't very good then.  Utah finally gets into a BCS conference and look what has happened.  Nothing.  Never hear of them anymore.  Coz BCS conferences are tough to dominate.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:09 pm

Dennis324 wrote:I don't like that turf either.  But the main reason I don't like em is because of all the manufactured controversy they were involved in over the BCSNC.  A couple of teams would be selected to play for the NC and without fail, here comes Boise (or Utah, etc) crying about it.  They thought they deserved to be in the BCSNC because they were unbeaten.  But their schedule strength was practically nothing!  And usually any ranked team they played was way down in the rankings. 

They claimed we didn't respect them, but in fact, they didn't respect those of us who went through a grueling schedule to get the opportunity to play.  This happened to LSU, Bama, Florida, USC, Ohio State...happened nearly every time.  Buncha crybabies.

Utah used to do that too.  They beat Bama in a bowl early on in Saban's term as Bama's coach.  But Bama wasn't very good then.  Utah finally gets into a BCS conference and look what has happened.  Nothing.  Never hear of them anymore.  Coz BCS conferences are tough to dominate.
The problem is that is you aren't in a BCS league, you rarely get to play the good teams. Fresno State has played USC twice. The first time we won, their coach got fired, and they refused to play us again for over a decade. The second time we lost in a very tight game (Reggie Bush's last year at USC) and it will probably be over another decade before they play us again. Thats the problem with the BCS system, you can have the best team in that nation and not make it to any of the good bowl games because of your league.
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:00 pm

Bryant wrote:
Dennis324 wrote:I don't like that turf either.  But the main reason I don't like em is because of all the manufactured controversy they were involved in over the BCSNC.  A couple of teams would be selected to play for the NC and without fail, here comes Boise (or Utah, etc) crying about it.  They thought they deserved to be in the BCSNC because they were unbeaten.  But their schedule strength was practically nothing!  And usually any ranked team they played was way down in the rankings. 

The problem is that is you aren't in a BCS league, you rarely get to play the good teams.  Fresno State has played USC twice.  The first time we won, their coach got fired, and they refused to play us again for over a decade.  The second time we lost in a very tight game (Reggie Bush's last year at USC) and it will probably be over another decade before they play us again.  Thats the problem with the BCS system, you can have the best team in that nation and not make it to any of the good bowl games because of your league.
And yet I've never heard Fresno State utter a word of complaint.  That's one of the reasons I like them so much.  Smile  They aren't whiney crybabies. 

The new system we are going to next year may alleviate all those problems though.  But its still subjective.  Only the top (4?) teams get a chance to play for the NC and those teams are based on polls.

I think instead only Conference Champions should have an opportunity to go to a playoff.  At that point these champs could play one another until they are whittled down to the final 2.  THAT would be more fair because regardless of their conference schedule, in the end Boise or Fresno or whoever is gonna have to play a Bama or LSU or Ohio State in the playoffs.  If they can win that game, more power to em.

Smile
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down