Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

America The Dumb (and the younger the dumber)

3 posters

Go down

America The Dumb (and the younger the dumber) Empty America The Dumb (and the younger the dumber)

Post by Miles1 Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:47 am

Just How Stupid Are We?: Facing the Truth About the American Voter
The Dumbest Generation: How the Digital Age Stupefies Young Americans and Jeopardizes Our Future(Or, Don't Trust Anyone Under 30)

Are links to books on Amazon - am not saying go out and read the book, but maybe read the description and the first few reviews, and then discuss ;-)
Miles1
Miles1

Back to top Go down

America The Dumb (and the younger the dumber) Empty Re: America The Dumb (and the younger the dumber)

Post by Dennis324 Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:45 pm

The older I get, the stupider I think voters are in America. But sometimes I try to talk with people about the things we talk about in here and they are completely dumbfounded. They have no idea about the issues we discuss either politically, socially or religiously. Even members of my church are blown away when I tell them things and then prove it to em when I show them the scripture. And most of my own family couldnt tell you who Chris Christie is, or Eric Holder, or what's going on in Syria right now. You mention something about Hezbollah or Sharia Law and they look at you as if you wewre a Martian.

I mean it. Ask schoolkids some of these current events-type issues and see what happens. Jay Leno used to do this on the streets of Burbank and grown people would not have a clue about some of the easiest questions.

I mean it..I know its unlawful and unpopular right now, but I really think thee ought to be a test before one is allowed to vote.
I think if people knew more about what they were doing, they'd probably never have voted for Obama OR McCain. (One's a radical activist and the other is a mean old man and maybe a traitor).

So yeah...Americans can be very stupid. They know whats on sale at Walmart and everything you could possibly want to know about sports teams and hollywood, but not whit about real issues that affect our countrie (and other countries around us).
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

America The Dumb (and the younger the dumber) Empty Re: America The Dumb (and the younger the dumber)

Post by Marconius Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:25 pm

I wanna know when it became cool to be dumb.

When I was still in school, the most popular kids were the kids that got good grades. By the time my son was in high school, the most popular were the dumbasses. Tyler wasn't dumb, but he was afraid to let other kids know just how much he did know. They would have made fun of him. Sometimes I get that at work. It seems that the only response the ignorant have is ridicule of those who aren't. It makes them feel better about there station in life. Of course I am not afraid and am quick to let people know just how I feel.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles1 Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:12 am

just got sent this:

America The Dumb (and the younger the dumber) 528792_10150701171797300_19157172299_9167384_1946805643_n

Comparing Dracula to Twilight? This person should be beaten to death with a hardback copy of the book. As for the "old english language", when did they think this was written?
Miles1
Miles1

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:29 pm

Lol! One wonders what those people would think if they really tried to read something that was actually in Old English.

I have a couple of cousins who were in high school back around '89 or '90. They acted like airheads at the time and I think they thought the boys would like them more if they did. One actually wrote a report on Malcolm X for African American Awareness week and read it to the entire school at assembly. Only she kept calling him "Malcolm 10)! Whats worse is that no one listening to the report caught on!!!! Except the teachers of course.

But it was a ruse, because both today have multiple degrees in education are definately not dumb. Self-centered and materialistic...yes. (They are both filthy rich today). But not dumb.

So guess at the time they wanted to be like Crissy Snow on( Three's Company) in order to get laid.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles1 Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:23 am

Dennis324 wrote:
I have a couple of cousins who were in high school back around '89 or '90. They acted like airheads at the time and I think they thought the boys would like them more if they did. One actually wrote a report on Malcolm X for African American Awareness week and read it to the entire school at assembly. Only she kept calling him "Malcolm 10)! Whats worse is that no one listening to the report caught on!!!! Except the teachers of course.

Heh, reminds me of a TV show I saw before, "World's Most Amazing Videos XIV" (hey, it was 3am, I was just back from the pub and there was nothing else on TV while I was eating my kebab). They were coming up to an ad break and they did a little preview of what they would be showing "Right after the break, on World's Most Amazing Videos, roman numeral fourteen". They actually said "roman numeral fourteen".........

Miles1
Miles1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down