Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Governing by checklist

2 posters

Go down

Governing by checklist Empty Governing by checklist

Post by Sir Pun Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:42 am

Seems kind of like thats what obama has been doing lately. Climate change, check. Nuclear disarmament, check. But to me these two issues are do-nothing feel good gestures, not only to get the left off his back, but also to try to change the subject from all the scandals. So he can do some things by executive fiat on climate change, but would require congress on cutting our nuclear arsenal in half. Which is reasonable, its just when he goes on to talk about total nuclear disarmament that i begin to roll my eyes at the idealism of obama.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Governing by checklist Empty Re: Governing by checklist

Post by Dennis324 Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:40 am

I think you nailed it when you talked about getting the left off his back and diverting attention away from the scandals.  That's what he's always done.

I was stunned when, in light of all our problems right now, he gave a speech on nuclear arms.  I haven't thought about that since the cold war.  I'm worried about terror, scandals in the govt, the economy...a lot of other things than Nuclear missiles.  Yes, its important, but not as pressing as it once was.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum