Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Global warming paused for last 16 years

3 posters

Go down

Global warming paused for last 16 years Empty Global warming paused for last 16 years

Post by Sir Pun Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:35 pm

Speaking to a crowd of about 4,500 at Berlin's Brandenburg Gate on Wednesday, President Obama warned that global warming is the "global threat of our time," and called for a "global compact" to deal with the issue, the Weekly Standard reported.

"With a global middle class consuming more energy every day, this must now be an effort of all nations, not just some," he said. "For the grim alternative affects all nations – more severe storms. More famine and floods. New waves of refugees. Coastlines that vanish. Oceans that rise," he added.

"This is the future we must avert. This is the global threat of our time. And for the sake of future generations, our generation must move toward a global compact to confront a changing climate before it is too late. That is our job. That is our task. We have to get to work," he said.

The statement, however, flies in the face of reports that say global warming had "paused" 16 years ago.

In January, the UK Daily Mail said that a revised Met Office decadal forecast not only acknowledged the pause, but predicted it would continue at least until 2017.

A post at CFACT said that Obama's not the only one who apparently didn't get the memo. According to CFACT, delegates at a UN climate change summit in Bonn were either "completely unaware of the global warming standstill or didn't think it mattered."

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Global warming paused for last 16 years Empty Re: Global warming paused for last 16 years

Post by Dennis324 Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:58 am

Sometimes I wonder if our President has been smoking Pot.  The global threat of our time?

Global warming paused for last 16 years Caliphate

Oh...I get it.  He doesn't believe in a war against terror.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Global warming paused for last 16 years Empty Re: Global warming paused for last 16 years

Post by Bryant Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:37 am

Dennis324 wrote:Sometimes I wonder if our President has been smoking Pot.  The global threat of our time?

Global warming paused for last 16 years Caliphate

Oh...I get it.  He doesn't believe in a war against terror.

Terrorism may be a threat, but its potential impact on humanity as a whole is nothing.  Just look up the stats for the potential economic damages from sea level rise (there is even a country that may physically cease to exist by the end of my life due to sea level rise), or better yet the number of dead and countless dollars worth of damage from increased storm/drought frequency.
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:40 am

Pun wrote:Speaking to a crowd of about 4,500 at Berlin's Brandenburg Gate on Wednesday, President Obama warned that global warming is the "global threat of our time," and called for a "global compact" to deal with the issue, the Weekly Standard reported.

"With a global middle class consuming more energy every day, this must now be an effort of all nations, not just some," he said. "For the grim alternative affects all nations – more severe storms. More famine and floods. New waves of refugees. Coastlines that vanish. Oceans that rise," he added.

"This is the future we must avert. This is the global threat of our time. And for the sake of future generations, our generation must move toward a global compact to confront a changing climate before it is too late. That is our job. That is our task. We have to get to work," he said.

The statement, however, flies in the face of reports that say global warming had "paused" 16 years ago.

In January, the UK Daily Mail said that a revised Met Office decadal forecast not only acknowledged the pause, but predicted it would continue at least until 2017.

A post at CFACT said that Obama's not the only one who apparently didn't get the memo. According to CFACT, delegates at a UN climate change summit in Bonn were either "completely unaware of the global warming standstill or didn't think it mattered."

I'm yet to see any actual science to support this articles claims.
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:45 am

I forgot its only about 10:38pm where you are right now.  I was wondering why anyone else was awake except me.  Global warming paused for last 16 years 1850737761

Potential economic damage is one thing and would be disastrous...absolutely.  But its potential.  And if we had done nothing to eliminate pollutants into our atmosphere I'd be more worried.  But we've done a lot and continue to do so. 

Right now we are faced with a real and deliberate threat by Radical Jihad.  That worried me more.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down