Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Republicans Watch Another Fake Scandal Die; IRS Manager Reveals He Is A Conservative Republican

4 posters

Go down

Republicans Watch Another Fake Scandal Die; IRS Manager Reveals He Is A Conservative Republican Empty Republicans Watch Another Fake Scandal Die; IRS Manager Reveals He Is A Conservative Republican

Post by Bryant Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:00 pm

Republicans Watch Another Fake Scandal Die; IRS Manager Reveals He Is A Conservative Republican

Author: Shannon Argueta

Oh, the sad, sad Republican party and their pathetic attempts to discredit the administration are once again foiled. In recent weeks we have watched a number of right-wing manufactured scandals drown in seas of facts. It was very entertaining, to say the least. First, the hopes of the Republicans to impeach Obama with Benghazi-gate were dashed. And, of course, Fox was being unfairly targeted by Obama with the Rosen scandal. Then Umbrella-gate was quelled almost as fast as it rose. After umbrella-gate, we had the stupidest of them all…..Salute-gate. Finally, the scandal that got Republican’s tinfoil panties in a bunch? The targeting of Tea Party groups by Obama’s liberal IRS hit squad out of Cincinnati.

Oh yes, President Obama was targeting his political enemies by denying them the 501(c)(4) tax exemption that they so rightfully don’t deserve! How dare he do that?! After all, the conservative groups that were targeted for extra scrutiny were not, first and foremost, political organizations! Those Tea Party groups operate exclusively for social welfare; they are upstanding nonprofit organizations that spend little time lobbying for the right-wing. Right? Oh no, that’s wrong, but in the minds of members of the Republican party who really care about those pesky fact-thingys? This was definitely an elaborate scheme by the left to silence the right. Those IRS agents were liberal, no doubt about it, and the transcripts of the investigation recently released will prove it.

Representative Elijah Cummings, the top Democrat on the House of Representatives Oversight and Government Reform Committee conducting the probe into the ‘scandal,’ told CNN’s “State of the Union” program, said just that:

“He [the IRS manager] is a conservative Republican working for the IRS. I think this interview and these statements go a long way toward showing that the White House was not involved in this. Based upon everything I’ve seen, the case is solved. And if it were me, I would wrap this case up and move on.”

Wait a second…….he, the main agent involved, was a conservative? That can’t be right! That has to mean that this was in no way politically motivated. A Republican wouldn’t go after its own. So why did he do it?

John Shafer, the IRS manager, told the Oversight Committee that he and another employee set aside applications from groups with “Tea Party” and “patriot” in their names because granting them tax-exempt status could set a new precedent for the IRS. In other words, he was just doing the job he is paid to do, to make sure that groups are not wrongfully receiving an exempt status they do not deserve. It should also be noted that, so far, no conservative groups have come forward to say they were denied the tax-exemption.

Of course, Republicans will surely say that the manager is not a Republican. He is an undercover Democrat. Or his party affiliation proves nothing, he could still have been working in cahoots with the president. Except that investigators asked him if this was a scheme by the White House to target conservative groups and he said:

“I do not believe that the screening of these cases had anything to do, other than consistency and identifying issues that needed to have further development,” the manager answered, according to a transcript released by Cummings. Asked if he believed the White House was involved, the manager replied: “I have no reason to believe that.”

There you have it, folks. One more right-wing, tinfoil hate scandal totally debunked. Certainly we will hear Fox News relaying all of this information to their listening audience later. I’m sure they’ll want to set the record straight, right? HAHAHA!!! No, more than likely we will hear crickets from the mainstream media. Republican attack dog, Darrell Issa, is already saying this proves nothing. Of course it doesn’t! Republicans will, no doubt, continue to waste our money investigating a fairy tale just as they always do and, at this point do, we expect anything less?

Read more: http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/06/10/republicans-watch-another-fake-scandal-die-irs-manager-reveals-he-is-a-conservative-republican/#ixzz2Vrgnl2gE

Someone pointed out that this group has lacked liberal trolling. Now balance has been restored to the universe Republicans Watch Another Fake Scandal Die; IRS Manager Reveals He Is A Conservative Republican 3170284762

Last edited by Bryant on Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fix title.)
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Republicans Watch Another Fake Scandal Die; IRS Manager Reveals He Is A Conservative Republican Empty Re: Republicans Watch Another Fake Scandal Die; IRS Manager Reveals He Is A Conservative Republican

Post by Dennis324 Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:30 pm

Bryant wrote:Republicans Watch Another Fake Scandal Die; IRS Manager Reveals He Is A Conservative Republican

Oh, the sad, sad Republican party and their pathetic attempts to discredit the administration are once again foiled. In recent weeks we have watched a number of right-wing manufactured scandals drown in seas of facts. It was very entertaining, to say the least. First, the hopes of the Republicans to impeach Obama with Benghazi-gate were dashed. And, of course, Fox was being unfairly targeted by Obama with the Rosen scandal. Then Umbrella-gate was quelled almost as fast as it rose. After umbrella-gate, we had the stupidest of them all…..Salute-gate. Finally, the scandal that got Republican’s tinfoil panties in a bunch? The targeting of Tea Party groups by Obama’s liberal IRS hit squad out of Cincinnati.

Oh yes, President Obama was targeting his political enemies by denying them the 501(c)(4) tax exemption that they so rightfully don’t deserve! How dare he do that?! After all, the conservative groups that were targeted for extra scrutiny were not, first and foremost, political organizations! Those Tea Party groups operate exclusively for social welfare; they are upstanding nonprofit organizations that spend little time lobbying for the right-wing. Right? Oh no, that’s wrong, but in the minds of members of the Republican party who really care about those pesky fact-thingys? This was definitely an elaborate scheme by the left to silence the right. Those IRS agents were liberal, no doubt about it, and the transcripts of the investigation recently released will prove it.

Representative Elijah Cummings, the top Democrat on the House of Representatives Oversight and Government Reform Committee conducting the probe into the ‘scandal,’ told CNN’s “State of the Union” program, said just that:

“He [the IRS manager] is a conservative Republican working for the IRS. I think this interview and these statements go a long way toward showing that the White House was not involved in this. Based upon everything I’ve seen, the case is solved. And if it were me, I would wrap this case up and move on.”

Wait a second…….he, the main agent involved, was a conservative? That can’t be right! That has to mean that this was in no way politically motivated. A Republican wouldn’t go after its own. So why did he do it?

John Shafer, the IRS manager, told the Oversight Committee that he and another employee set aside applications from groups with “Tea Party” and “patriot” in their names because granting them tax-exempt status could set a new precedent for the IRS. In other words, he was just doing the job he is paid to do, to make sure that groups are not wrongfully receiving an exempt status they do not deserve. It should also be noted that, so far, no conservative groups have come forward to say they were denied the tax-exemption.

Of course, Republicans will surely say that the manager is not a Republican. He is an undercover Democrat. Or his party affiliation proves nothing, he could still have been working in cahoots with the president. Except that investigators asked him if this was a scheme by the White House to target conservative groups and he said:

“I do not believe that the screening of these cases had anything to do, other than consistency and identifying issues that needed to have further development,” the manager answered, according to a transcript released by Cummings. Asked if he believed the White House was involved, the manager replied: “I have no reason to believe that.”

There you have it, folks. One more right-wing, tinfoil hate scandal totally debunked. Certainly we will hear Fox News relaying all of this information to their listening audience later. I’m sure they’ll want to set the record straight, right? HAHAHA!!! No, more than likely we will hear crickets from the mainstream media. Republican attack dog, Darrell Issa, is already saying this proves nothing. Of course it doesn’t! Republicans will, no doubt, continue to waste our money investigating a fairy tale just as they always do and, at this point do, we expect anything less?

Read more: http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/06/10/republicans-watch-another-fake-scandal-die-irs-manager-reveals-he-is-a-conservative-republican/#ixzz2Vrgnl2gE

Someone pointed out that this group has lacked liberal trolling. Now balance has been restored to the universe Republicans Watch Another Fake Scandal Die; IRS Manager Reveals He Is A Conservative Republican 3170284762
Republicans Watch Another Fake Scandal Die; IRS Manager Reveals He Is A Conservative Republican 2414560500 Gotta represent man.

Well, man, speaking only for myself here but I really don't think this is a 'fake' scandal. And apparently even the lame-stream networks don't this time either. But imo, the BIG scandal is still Benghazi. The NSA thing is bothersome too.

Wow...never thought I'd long for the days of Monica Lewinsky and Clinton. lol!
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Republicans Watch Another Fake Scandal Die; IRS Manager Reveals He Is A Conservative Republican Empty Re: Republicans Watch Another Fake Scandal Die; IRS Manager Reveals He Is A Conservative Republican

Post by Marconius Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:48 pm

Bryant wrote:Republicans Watch Another Fake Scandal Die; IRS Manager Reveals He Is A Conservative Republican

So, since the head moderator of this forum is an admitted troll.....who the hell do I report it to??? Very Happy

On a personal note:
I can tell you are in a good place right now. It has been a good minute since I've seen you joke.

On a serious note:
Really?!?!?! He's a conservative?!?!?!?
We friggin knew that already. Way to be an investigative journalist. You get a big gold star!!!!
News flash.......GWB appointed him.

OK, so I guess some birds would rather keep their head in the sand than to pull it out. What happened at the IRS is the very definition of a conspiracy. A group of people got together and conspired against another. They even leaked private info to discredit those others. They sicced many of those three letter agencies on those others.......and you have no problem sweeping it under the rug??? Priceless.....just priceless. The bias of some knows no bounds. Oh well, testamony keeps growing and growing. We know the orders came from DC. We know it came from high up. We know he had many visits to the WH. Now be a real journalist and find out why and who is responsible.

Question to Bryant:
Just how much crap are you willing to swallow before you admit that something is not right???
You swept away Fast and Furious......no it had nothing to do with Gun Runner
You swept away top campaign officials being found guilty of fraud in court
You swept away the actions of Bengazi.....before, during and after
You swept away the backroom deals to get AHCA passed
You swept away the admittance of the orders to assassinate a citizen and his son
You are sweeping away the IRS
You sweep away a lot to keep from admitting that this guy ain't what you thought he was. How many questionable acts have to happen before you have enough??? Don't you wanna know what happened??? Don't you think you have a right to know what happened??? Do you really care so little about the treatment of one large block of society???
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:57 pm

One must also remember Nixon was percieved as an innocent and honest man upwards to two years after Watergate. Most in the media thought he was being unfairly treated. Thank goodness for the likes of Woodward and Burnstein. I wonder if we have the equivalent of them today.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:47 am

Not really sure how one could say theres all this smoke with no fire. And you know its not just the right and some baseless witchhunt, when the mainstream media finally jumped onboard. If nothing were going on, we.would still be getting the silent treatment from the media like we did his first term. With as mich as the mainstream invested in obama, that for them to finally be off the bandwagon speaks volumes. I just still dont get how anyone can say this is all just made up. Look at the evidence. Every time info trickles out, it never exhonerates obama orthe admin, it just makes them look more guilty. What is there to make u believe otherwise? If it were just one scandal, i could see it, but not now that were 4-5 scandals into it. Anyway, it doesnt matter much. And if these groups dont deserve tax exempt status, why not let the process decide that, instead of asking things like prayer habits, and everything everyone has eer said who attended meetings. Media matters is tax exempt and theyre far from unbiased. Point is, you have all these liberal grroups that are tax exempt, but is that only ok if you agree with their politics? Also have to ask what you have invested in obama to be such an ardent supporter?

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:50 pm

The only reason I think the Media has jumped onboard is because the Administration made a fatal error in attacking the AP. It bit the hand that has fed them. And you never ever want to make enemies of the media.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:25 pm

Dennis324 wrote:The only reason I think the Media has jumped onboard is because the Administration made a fatal error in attacking the AP. It bit the hand that has fed them. And you never ever want to make enemies of the media.

I think the media jumped on board because they saw ratings in it.
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:27 pm

Pun wrote:Not really sure how one could say theres all this smoke with no fire. And you know its not just the right and some baseless witchhunt, when the mainstream media finally jumped onboard. If nothing were going on, we.would still be getting the silent treatment from the media like we did his first term. With as mich as the mainstream invested in obama, that for them to finally be off the bandwagon speaks volumes. I just still dont get how anyone can say this is all just made up. Look at the evidence. Every time info trickles out, it never exhonerates obama orthe admin, it just makes them look more guilty. What is there to make u believe otherwise? If it were just one scandal, i could see it, but not now that were 4-5 scandals into it. Anyway, it doesnt matter much. And if these groups dont deserve tax exempt status, why not let the process decide that, instead of asking things like prayer habits, and everything everyone has eer said who attended meetings. Media matters is tax exempt and theyre far from unbiased. Point is, you have all these liberal grroups that are tax exempt, but is that only ok if you agree with their politics? Also have to ask what you have invested in obama to be such an ardent supporter?

Several liberal groups had previously been hit, and many of those don't deserve tax exempt either. One thing to say about Media Matters, while they may not be fair (at all), they're a media group the exists for informatory purposes, unlike the tea bagger groups that exist to engage in direct political activity.
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:08 pm

Bryant wrote:
Pun wrote:Not really sure how one could say theres all this smoke with no fire. And you know its not just the right and some baseless witchhunt, when the mainstream media finally jumped onboard. If nothing were going on, we.would still be getting the silent treatment from the media like we did his first term. With as mich as the mainstream invested in obama, that for them to finally be off the bandwagon speaks volumes. I just still dont get how anyone can say this is all just made up. Look at the evidence. Every time info trickles out, it never exhonerates obama orthe admin, it just makes them look more guilty. What is there to make u believe otherwise? If it were just one scandal, i could see it, but not now that were 4-5 scandals into it. Anyway, it doesnt matter much. And if these groups dont deserve tax exempt status, why not let the process decide that, instead of asking things like prayer habits, and everything everyone has eer said who attended meetings. Media matters is tax exempt and theyre far from unbiased. Point is, you have all these liberal grroups that are tax exempt, but is that only ok if you agree with their politics? Also have to ask what you have invested in obama to be such an ardent supporter?

Several liberal groups had previously been hit, and many of those don't deserve tax exempt either.

Name one
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:36 pm

Marconius wrote:
Bryant wrote:

Several liberal groups had previously been hit, and many of those don't deserve tax exempt either.

Name one

NAACP, Greenpeace, etc.
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:46 pm

Bryant wrote:
Marconius wrote:
Bryant wrote:

Name one

NAACP, Greenpeace, etc.

Try again. Both remain tax exempt today. Neither were denied at application time. Both had investigations due to actions after status was gained.

Name one that was unfairly targeted to the extreme that we see with this recent batch.

Clearly not the same and clearly a reach.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:13 am

Marconius wrote:
Bryant wrote:
Marconius wrote:
Bryant wrote:

Name one

NAACP, Greenpeace, etc.

Try again. Both remain tax exempt today. Neither were denied at application time. Both had investigations due to actions after status was gained.

Name one that was unfairly targeted to the extreme that we see with this recent batch.

None of the Tea Party groups were denied, either, even though they should have been (they're politics, not social welfare).
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:20 am

The point was not to deny them. The point was to harass them until they folded. That tactic actually worked with many.

Since you obviously haven't followed this enough to know that, just how do you know that they were all strickly political in nature???

Me thinks someone is still reaching.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:56 pm

Bryant wrote:
Dennis324 wrote:The only reason I think the Media has jumped onboard is because the Administration made a fatal error in attacking the AP.  It bit the hand that has fed them.  And you never ever want to make enemies of the media.

I think the media jumped on board because they saw ratings in it.

I wouldn't be surprised.  Very Happy
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:06 pm

Bryant wrote:
Marconius wrote:
Bryant wrote:
Marconius wrote:
Bryant wrote:

Name one

NAACP, Greenpeace, etc.

None of the Tea Party groups were denied, either, even though they should have been (they're politics, not social welfare).
I know man, but...some of these groups were being asked to give up lists of their members and asked what was included in their prayers.  In their Prayers????  The IRS admitted to applying closer scrutiny to groups that had references on their applications to 9/11  or Tea PArty.  Or who mentioned govt spending or govt debt or taxes.  Or were advocating "make America a better place to live".  Or educating about the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.  The IRS admitted to unfairly targeting these groups.

Now it is true that some of these groups might be considered political, in which casae, they probably should be denied their application.  But geez some of these questions were incredible.  The Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration found that inappropriate criteria had been used by IRS personnel to select certain applications for tax exemption status and that inappropriate procedures were applied against organizations based on their names or policy positions  Wink
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down