Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Highesy Paid State Employee

5 posters

Go down

Highesy Paid State Employee Empty Highesy Paid State Employee

Post by Bryant Thu May 09, 2013 11:29 pm

Highesy Paid State Employee K-bigpic
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Highesy Paid State Employee Empty Re: Highesy Paid State Employee

Post by Miles1 Fri May 10, 2013 3:29 am

That's scary.
Miles1
Miles1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Fri May 10, 2013 7:51 am

But not surprising

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Fri May 10, 2013 7:52 am

The masses must have the games to distract them from the truth abt ceasar.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Fri May 10, 2013 11:05 am

Lol! That's probably pretty accurate. I should point out that the football programs at Bama, LSU, Florida, Georgia, Texas and many many other schools, probably bring in lots more money to the economy and the school than any Governor, dean or president of a University could hope to. So perhaps they deserve their salaries?

Highesy Paid State Employee 2414560500

Last edited by Dennis324 on Fri May 10, 2013 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Fri May 10, 2013 11:06 am

Pun wrote:The masses must have the games to distract them from the truth abt ceasar.
Lol! Amen to that. Highesy Paid State Employee 2414560500
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Sun May 12, 2013 1:01 am

Miles1 wrote:That's scary.

As Dennis already stated. A succesful football team brings in millions and millions of dollars that the school would not have privy to. The state even gets revenue from the fans that travel into the state to see their team. Local vendors even sell a lot more merch. You can't have a successful team without a good coach and coaches cost duckets. The pay is worth it when looked at from an investment point of view.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Mon May 13, 2013 12:11 pm

Marconius wrote:

As Dennis already stated. A succesful football team brings in millions and millions of dollars that the school would not have privy to. The state even gets revenue from the fans that travel into the state to see their team. Local vendors even sell a lot more merch. You can't have a successful team without a good coach and coaches cost duckets. The pay is worth it when looked at from an investment point of view.

I'm not sure how its tabulates as a benefit to the greater economy, but I do know that at most Universities the athletic programs cost more than they bring in. At least that is how it was at Fresno State under Pat Hill (I'm not sure how much his replacement makes).
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Mon May 13, 2013 12:44 pm

Bryant wrote:
Marconius wrote:

I'm not sure how its tabulates as a benefit to the greater economy, but I do know that at most Universities the athletic programs cost more than they bring in. At least that is how it was at Fresno State under Pat Hill (I'm not sure how much his replacement makes).

Sports made the SEC an economic powerhouse. Because of the resulting revenue, education standards have improved dramatically as well as facilities for non-sports students. Check the recent rankings of colleges. You will be surprised where many of the SEC schools rank as far as education is concerned. This wasn't the case 40-50 years ago. It was a slow, grinding climb, but now many of our schools rank right up there with the best of the PAC.

The NCAA comercial says it best:
Every year there are thousands of college athletes who become professionals at something other than sports. Many of these kids could not have afforded college without the resulting scholarships sports bring in.

Yeah, I concede your point. Many schools are presently loosing money to the sports program, but if you notice, there is a big push for smaller schools such as ECU, Texas State, and Georgia State to get their programs up to bigger levels. They realize the investment now, while a negative in the income bracket presently, will turn to a positive once TV contracts start rolling in.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down