Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interesting Thought

2 posters

Go down

Interesting Thought  Empty Interesting Thought

Post by Marconius Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:18 am

I am linking a review of "America for Beginners".

The book is basically an interesting thought process that can be summed up as such:

tUSA is not one country, but is actually several countries being forced to live together. We sit here and complain about arbitrary borders created after the fall of Imperialism in places like Africa and the ME, but we never sit back and think about how different nations, tribes, and beliefs really affect tUSA. I recommend the read.

http://americaforbeginners.wordpress.com/2012/08/11/guest-post-american-nations-a-history-of-the-eleven-rival-regional-cultures-of-north-america-by-colin-woodard-book-review-by-dr-george-simons/

Note that the author even picked up on what I have been saying all along, there is no place quite like south Louisiana. Gotta go to Canada to get close.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Interesting Thought  Empty Re: Interesting Thought

Post by Sir Pun Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:08 am

America, throughout its history though has become a nation of nationalities though. And this can only be accredited to the constitution, and the opportunities it has created.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:48 am

It is a testament to tUSA that several nations can live under one flag and not have the bloodshed seen in other places. I mean we see what happened in Rwanda, Croatia, and other places where tribes come into conflict. One cannot deny that our "tribes" have just as many differences as those in other places.

It also explains why different areas never see eye-to-eye over here.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down