Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What the hell do you think it is?

4 posters

Go down

What the hell do you think it is? Empty What the hell do you think it is?

Post by Sir Pun Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:06 pm

These are known as the jacobs photos. They were taken on a trail cam back in 07 in the pennsylvania. Sasquatch enthusiasts say it may be a juvie squatch, while alot of skeptics suggest a mangy emaciated bear. Me? idk wtf. Btw the one photo of the bear was taken earlier that same night along with another cub.

What the hell do you think it is? Game+trail+BF+cropped+side-by-side+-+Copyright+2007+R.+Jacobs+(1)

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

What the hell do you think it is? Empty Re: What the hell do you think it is?

Post by Bryant Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:43 am

Its a bear.

What the hell do you think it is? The-hairless-bear

Big Foot people amuse me. They constitute a special breed of conspiracy theorists, but unlike the rest of the tin foil brigade they seem to have some kind of authenticity complex. Pseudoscience at its worst.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/14/bigfoot-dna-results-final_n_2681135.html
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:06 am

So what about cryptids in general? Think there still any large as yet undocumented land criters out there?

The thing that interests me most abt the bigfoot phenomenon is how widespread it is, just how far back it goes. For so many ancient cultures around the world to describe a similar creature. It either has to be ancestral memory passed on about gigantopithicus, or possibly an extinct bigfoot species we havnt discovered, OR theres still something to it...idk

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:15 pm

Agreed. I think its a bear too. Probably starving coz it really skinny.

As far as cryptids go....I really dont believe in bigfoots or jackalopes, or loch ness moster or moth man or things like that. I have seen some pretty weird looking creatures pulled out of the oceans though. Usually things we havent discovered yet.

But you have a point about the many cultures who have legends of creatures resembling bigfoot. ITs interesting. Likeyou, I suspect it may have something to do with gigantopithicus that roamed the earth long ago. However I suspect ith all our technology and all the hunters in the world...Someone would have killed a bigfoot by now if one existed. I mean as far as I know, we dont even have bones of them.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:19 pm

One word for those who think that there are no large land species left to find:

Kipunji

Of course we could also use thylacine, but that is just a rediscovery.

We also fought a long and bloody war in Vietnam only to discover Pseudoryx nghetinhensis over a decade later......that's a deer BTW.

Of course that's to say, I do not nor do I actually believe in Bigfoot. You gotta give me proof before I sign on, but I am not about to just write the whole topic off. As far as the "hunters finding bones" thing......you know how many bones I have found while out in the woods??? Answer is next to none. Nature has a real good way of recycling stuff. In less than a week, a large carcass is gone if just left out in the elements. Youtube has some good time lapse of this.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:55 pm

In all my childhood growing up hunting i only remember ever seeing one set of bones that stayed out in the woods for several years, and that was a cow skeleton. Then theres the dog that died on the way to my dads house that sat there and decomposed until nothing but bones and was there id say abt a year almost. And then of course you have your cult leftovers in places like clay pits, but i mean....

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:59 pm

Think i would class myself as a curious skeptic when it comes to things like this. I need some kind of hard evidence though. More than video or photo. Blood samples, hair sample. Something that can be identified as not belonging to the hair of any possible known animals or humans in the area.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:00 pm

I just dont get what that big round thing on the ground is in the first picture

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:32 am

Pun wrote:Think i would class myself as a curious skeptic when it comes to things like this. I need some kind of hard evidence though. More than video or photo. Blood samples, hair sample. Something that can be identified as not belonging to the hair of any possible known animals or humans in the area.
Agreed. Smile As for what I said about 'bones'...well, we arent exactly paleontologists either. Those folks find bones where people have been stumbling along oblivious to them for eons. Smile
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down