Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

120-Pounder is New Alabama Record Blue Catfish

4 posters

Go down

120-Pounder is New Alabama Record Blue Catfish Empty 120-Pounder is New Alabama Record Blue Catfish

Post by Dennis324 Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:28 pm

120-Pounder is New Alabama Record Blue Catfish

It’s always a pleasant surprise when you head down to the fishin’ hole hoping to reel in some dinner — maybe a couple 18-inchers — and come back with a new state record.

That’s what happened to Samantha, Ala., resident John Nichols, who reeled in a 120-pound blue catfish last month at Holt Reservoir, setting a new Alabama blue cat record.

Personally I dont care too much for catfish as they are bottom feeders and nasty imo, but this one's a whopper! There's a pic of it in the back of this guy's truck. I've heard tales of big cats hanging around dams aqnd deep water reservoirs, but man!
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

120-Pounder is New Alabama Record Blue Catfish Empty Re: 120-Pounder is New Alabama Record Blue Catfish

Post by Sir Pun Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:59 am

Big ass fish

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

120-Pounder is New Alabama Record Blue Catfish Empty Re: 120-Pounder is New Alabama Record Blue Catfish

Post by Bryant Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:36 pm

Damn! Remind me not to swim in Bama, that think could probably eat me!
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:36 pm

Bryant wrote:Damn! Remind me not to swim in Bama, that think could probably eat me!

Ever see the turtles in Louisiana??? It ain't the catfish you gotta watch out for. People ask why we don't noodle here(catching catfish with you hand). Well these things hide in the same places as catfish.

I give you, the Alligator Snapping Turtle(damn good to eat believe it or not)
120-Pounder is New Alabama Record Blue Catfish Great+Big+Snapping+Turtle

120-Pounder is New Alabama Record Blue Catfish Alligator

and yeah......those are small......they get pretty huge.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:09 pm

Bigger than that catfish

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down