Stonehenge Was Monument Marking Unification of Britain

Go down

Stonehenge Was Monument Marking Unification of Britain Empty Stonehenge Was Monument Marking Unification of Britain

Post by Dennis324 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:56 am

Stonehenge Was Monument Marking Unification of Britain

ScienceDaily (June 22, 2012) — After 10 years of archaeological investigations, researchers have concluded that Stonehenge was built as a monument to unify the peoples of Britain, after a long period of conflict and regional difference between eastern and western Britain.

Its stones are thought to have symbolized the ancestors of different groups of earliest farming communities in Britain, with some stones coming from southern England and others from west Wales.

The teams, from the universities of Sheffield, Manchester, Southampton, Bournemouth and University College London, all working on the Stonehenge Riverside Project (SRP), explored not just Stonehenge and its landscape but also the wider social and economic context of the monument's main stages of construction around 3,000 BC and 2,500 BC.

"When Stonehenge was built," said Professor Mike Parker Pearson of the University of Sheffield, "there was a growing island-wide culture -- the same styles of houses, pottery and other material forms were used from Orkney to the south coast. This was very different to the regionalism of previous centuries. Stonehenge itself was a massive undertaking, requiring the labour of thousands to move stones from as far away as west Wales, shaping them and erecting them. Just the work itself, requiring everyone literally to pull together, would have been an act of unification."

So Merlin the wizard wasnt involved after all? No extra-terrestrials? No Druidic sacrifices?

You mean it was just human beings all along? We humans were actually able to achieve this after all?

Now we know.

Shocked

Stonehenge Was Monument Marking Unification of Britain Alabama+HelmetStonehenge Was Monument Marking Unification of Britain 996187_294458417357937_1761237846_n
                   Roll Tide!
Dennis324
Dennis324

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Stonehenge Was Monument Marking Unification of Britain Empty Re: Stonehenge Was Monument Marking Unification of Britain

Post by Dennis324 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:58 am

Wouldnt be the least bit surprised to learn that humans actually built the pyramids after all.

Wink

Stonehenge Was Monument Marking Unification of Britain Alabama+HelmetStonehenge Was Monument Marking Unification of Britain 996187_294458417357937_1761237846_n
                   Roll Tide!
Dennis324
Dennis324

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Stonehenge Was Monument Marking Unification of Britain Empty Re: Stonehenge Was Monument Marking Unification of Britain

Post by Miles1 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:12 am

Dennis324 wrote:Wouldnt be the least bit surprised to learn that humans actually built the pyramids after all.

Wink

Nope, don't believe it. Would this guy lie?

Stonehenge Was Monument Marking Unification of Britain I-dont-care-what-you-say-ancient-fucking-aliens

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:21 pm

I really love it when I'm proven right. lol!

I have actually seen that guy on tv. I cant remember what show it was but I do remember thinking..."man...what rodent has been living in his hair?"

Roll Tide!
Dennis324
Dennis324

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles1 on Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:19 am

Dennis324 wrote:I really love it when I'm proven right. lol!

I have actually seen that guy on tv. I cant remember what show it was but I do remember thinking..."man...what rodent has been living in his hair?"

Is a show called "Ancient Aliens" on the History Channel - one of the few shows that can actually count as "history" on that channel any more, as it all just seems to be crap like "Pawn Stars", "Storage Wars" and "American Pickers" these days....

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum