Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LSU vs Auburn this weekend

3 posters

Go down

LSU vs Auburn this weekend Empty LSU vs Auburn this weekend

Post by Dennis324 Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:52 pm

LSU vs Auburn this weekend Ncf_g_marshall-mettenberger_mb_576x324

Another great game this weekend will be LSU vs Auburn.  Auburn travels to Baton Rouge and I don't envy them one bit.  Tough place to play.
LSU has been quietly flying under the radar and Marc hasn't been telling us everything he ought to about them.  Turns out that LSU's qb is much improved and the Tigers look impressive.

Auburn has improved as well with their new coach.  Look for them to try to run a fast paced hurry up spread option offense.  Personally I think LSU's defense is up to the task and will defend pretty well.  They just have better talent.

My guess?  LSU 45+ AU 21.

Cool
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

LSU vs Auburn this weekend Empty Re: LSU vs Auburn this weekend

Post by Sir Pun Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:22 pm

Yeah, i dont think this one will be all that close.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:48 pm

I am 100% certain that the Tigers will win.

Any takers on a bet?

Nah, LSU has looked good this year. We finally seem to have the one thing we have been missing since 2007......a real offensive coordinator instead of a line coach thrust into the position(hard to have a passing game when we only send one guy out on a route).

What most people who know football have been saying for the past 5 years, is that is what has kept LSU from winning multiple championships. Bama has reaped the benefits from our lack of passing(like they need favors).

This game will be close though. Chizik recruited well at the Barn. There is talent there. They just need confidence. With rain predicted, it will be a slopfest. That negates LSU's speed on D and will force both teams to run more than they want to. If the Barn keeps it close going into the 4th, there may be problems and historically, there have not been but a handful of blowouts in this series.

My guess: LSU 30 AUB 24
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:16 pm

Ill take a 13 point spread

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:18 pm

Marconius wrote:I am 100% certain that the Tigers will win.

Any takers on a bet?

Nah, LSU has looked good this year. We finally seem to have the one thing we have been missing since 2007......a real offensive coordinator instead of a line coach thrust into the position(hard to have a passing game when we only send one guy out on a route).

What most people who know football have been saying for the past 5 years, is that is what has kept LSU from winning multiple championships. Bama has reaped the benefits from our lack of passing(like they need favors).
Yep, that has helped.  I think LSU is the most dangerous team in football now.  Texas A&M has a high powered offense, but I knew they had no defense.  LSU has a defense and we wont score as much on them.  Probably wont score half as much.  If LSU beats Bama this year, there['s a good chance they'll win it all.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:58 am

I knew 13 points was a low spread. Mettenberger has a cannon dont he?

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:23 am

Yep, Mettenberger is a fine qb!  LSU is deadly man.  I think they are the best team int he SEC right now...maybe the nation.  LSU, Oregon, Stanford, Ohio State, Clemson and FSU are the nation's elite.  If we don't play better than we did last night, LSU is gonna whip Bama's tail.  The score of the Bama game doesn't reflect the reality that we played horribly.    And we cant blame this one on CSU's great defense.  We just wallered around on that field all night long.  Glad I didn't waste my time going.  Ole Miss is gonna beat us for sure.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:13 pm

Dennis324 wrote:Yep, Mettenberger is a fine qb!  LSU is deadly man.  I think they are the best team int he SEC right now...maybe the nation.  LSU, Oregon, Stanford, Ohio State, Clemson and FSU are the nation's elite.  If we don't play better than we did last night, LSU is gonna whip Bama's tail.  The score of the Bama game doesn't reflect the reality that we played horribly.    And we cant blame this one on CSU's great defense.  We just wallered around on that field all night long.  Glad I didn't waste my time going.  Ole Miss is gonna beat us for sure.
Look at it this way Dennis........and It pains me to say this.........Bama Is so good, they can sleepwalk and still win big.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:46 pm

Really?  You watched the CSU game?  Did we even bother to stretch the field once in that game?  Lots of underneath stuff that CSU shut down.  We converted only 2 3rd downs and none until the 4th qtr.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:53 pm

Dennis324 wrote:Really?  You watched the CSU game?  Did we even bother to stretch the field once in that game?  Lots of underneath stuff that CSU shut down.  We converted only 2 3rd downs and none until the 4th qtr.
They had the game on while I was watching LSU. I've seen all of Bama's games this year. I have yet to see them play a complete game, yet I have yet to see them come close to losing........they are that good. Sure they got behind A&M, but after the first quarter was over, the game was never really in doubt. Manziel was playing catchup.

Against CSU they looked like they were sleep walking. Even still, CSU couldn't do much.

Them boys better wake up. Ole Miss ain't a team to be toying with. If Saban can wake them up, Ole Miss will still be a tough game, but you guys should win by double digits.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:29 am

Hope you're right.  Good luck against Ga this week.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:39 am

Gonna be a big game

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down