Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh, nevermind about that missile attack

4 posters

Go down

Oh, nevermind about that missile attack Empty Oh, nevermind about that missile attack

Post by Sir Pun Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:05 pm

I seriously cannot believe the entire 180 this admin has just made. From saber rattling and beating the war drums, to nevermind, im off to play golf? He may think putting it on confress saves himself some face, but i guarantee china, putin, assad, and iran are laughing their asses off right now. Ive never seen such a decisive u-turn

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Oh, nevermind about that missile attack Empty Re: Oh, nevermind about that missile attack

Post by Marconius Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:22 pm

Maybe he realizes we, the people, don't want it and that will most likely do more harm than good.

I am of the mind that we should just let our two enemies fight it out. People say "what about the innocent citizens". Well those citizens support one or the other of the two groups that hate us......sorry, but that is just the way it works sometimes.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Oh, nevermind about that missile attack Empty Re: Oh, nevermind about that missile attack

Post by Sir Pun Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:28 pm

I agree, but he shouldnt have gotten so far out in front

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:10 am

I mean talk about amateur hour. Presidents and administrations dont just go off on a cuff like this, changing their minds and thinking out loud. For heaven sake, dont you think they could have formulated a plan of exactly how to respond, BEFORE taking to the podium? Arent they already supposed to have a master strategy, and not just make it up as they go?

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:59 am

To be honest, it ain't the first time he has spoken too quickly only to have his foot end up in his mouth.......we have seen it several times.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:01 pm

Oh i know, but this one actually shocked me. This one showed that he really has no sense of shame, or that his actions can be judged negatively by anyone. You hear how he called it "my" military in his speech yesterday? Boy, he and his fam are gonna have a hell of a time adjusting back to commoners

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:23 pm

Nah, they will never be commoners. He will join the exPresidents club and charge exorbitant amounts for speaking engagements.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:48 pm

If you thought the initial course of action was wrong, shouldn't you be happy he's sending the decision to Congress? Would you rather him go through with what you think is a bad idea just out of hardheadedness?
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:58 am

Id rather he look like he knew what he was doing rqther than send mixed messages to the workd. And under the war powers act he can have a 60 day engagement without congressional approval. So when he said he didnt need congressional approval , he was right. What he's doing is playing politics

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:15 am

I mean is this not embarrassing to you? Do we even have a mideast policy, because it seems to be made up as they go

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:25 am

Bryant wrote:If you thought the initial course of action was wrong, shouldn't you be happy he's sending the decision to Congress?  Would you rather him go through with what you think is a bad idea just out of hardheadedness?
Military action at this juncture is a mistake.

Mark my words now; he is only going through Congress now so that he can blame inaction on someone else.

Course going through Congress is ALWAYS the right choice........funny he does it now and not in other situations.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:09 pm

Right, he does now when he wants an out.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:43 pm

Marconius wrote:Maybe he realizes we, the people, don't want it and that will most likely do more harm than good.

I am of the mind that we should just let our two enemies fight it out. People say "what about the innocent citizens". Well those citizens support one or the other of the two groups that hate us......sorry, but that is just the way it works sometimes.
cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 

I 2nd that man!  I'm sorry about the civilians but like I told my senators, they don't like anything about us but our money and our military power.  Once they get that, they'll turn their backs on us just like the Afghanis and Libyans and Iraqis have.

In Syria, we4 have multiple groups of bad guys killing one another.  As long as they are fighting each other, they are too busy to try to kill me and my friends.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:46 pm

Bryant wrote:If you thought the initial course of action was wrong, shouldn't you be happy he's sending the decision to Congress?  Would you rather him go through with what you think is a bad idea just out of hardheadedness?
I'm ecstatic!  cheers   I'm soooo glad someone (Maybe Michelle?) finally got him to see reason and consult with Congress.  Too bad this doesn't mean he'll let Congress decide.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:47 pm

Sir Pun wrote:I mean is this not embarrassing to you? Do we even have a mideast policy, because it seems to be made up as they go
Yes!  I've been embarrassed since he bowed to the Saudi Prince.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:49 pm

Marconius wrote:
Military action at this juncture is a mistake.

Mark my words now; he is only going through Congress now so that he can blame inaction on someone else.

Course going through Congress is ALWAYS the right choice........funny he does it now and not in other situations.
Right.  This gives him an out and in this case, I'm happy it does.  This nation doesn't need to be launching missiles in Syria.  There are no good guys.  However, Oliver north did pose a good plan on how to affect regime change without us firing a shot.  But no one will listen to him anymore.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:49 am

Why would anyone vote for this other than political reason, when its supposed to be a day or two of bombing, and the goal isnt regime change?

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down